410 on the GMAT ahhhhhhhhh!!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:410

410 on the GMAT ahhhhhhhhh!!!

by juanqui19 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:21 am
I don't think that I can complain since I didn't study at all, I bought the OG but looked at it maybe twice before the exam. I am an accounting major and all I need is 500 on the GMAT to get into the 3/2 program at the University of Florida. English is not my native language, but I've been here for more than 10 years so I don't think I can use that excuse. My strongest subject in standardize test has always been math, but I bomb it. I took the test Oct. 31 and score a miserable 410 (and I think it was 19M and 27V). I was surprise I did better in the verbal than math. I book the Kaplan book, and the Manhattan Sentence correction. I only have a week and a half but I'm done with all my finals so I'm basically free to study until the 30th. Do you guys think a 90 point increase is possible? I will study really hard and learn most of the concept in order to get over the 500 range. What do you guys suggest? Sorry for the lengthy message

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by augusto » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:50 am
Hi juanqui,

I don't think it should be a problem for you... try to focus as much as you can con quant and, if you can, try to improve a bit your verbal score.

To improve your quant score I suggest you to do:
- The OG, as you're doing
- the gmat prep tests (probably doing this you'll improve your score quite a bit)
- MGMAT online tests. Get one of the manhattan GMAT books (I suggest you the sentence correction one) and do their online tests, which are quite tough.

Cheers,
Augusto