This topic has 4 expert replies and 20 member replies
Goto page
Next
KitKat Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
2 messages

Where is the Loser section?

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:17 am
I have been reading all the blogs and everyone is upset because they scored a 600. Well, let me put you back into reality. I studied for a month and took the Kaplan class. I was scoring 450 on my pratice tests and when I took the test on 3/17, I scored a 300. I scored LOWER then my diagnoistic test. Embarassed I have no clue what went wrong. My husband took the test with me and he himself scored lower then his diagnoistic test. I am still in shock. Sorry to be bitter, but at this point I wish I scored anything over 500, I would of been happy.
At this point, we are getting our money back from Kaplan and I am getting a tutor. I think I will take in two months.
This is where my weakness is, I am dyslexic. Any advice on how to study? Any success stories from people with learning diablities? I have had a counselor tell me that I would not be able to get into graduate school because of my diablity, so I am very determined to get in a MBA program!
Sorry for an spelling errors. This is a casual environment for me.
Crying or Very sad

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
gabriel Legendary Member
Posted:
986 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Upvotes:
Top Reply
Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:44 pm
itobean wrote:
I know what you mean! I'm hoping to get into some decent schools but with my score....not too sure. I'm actually right now waiting for a headache to go away so that I can take another practice test after 2 weeks of studying. I'm hoping my score goes up....but what if it doesn't????? This is so stressful! Neutral
hey itobean why dont u discuss ur study strategy and also ur problem area on the forum .. may be the more experienced members will be able to guide u on ur strategy .. and give tips for ur problem areas...

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
itobean Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
35 messages
Top Reply
Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:46 pm
I know what you mean! I'm hoping to get into some decent schools but with my score....not too sure. I'm actually right now waiting for a headache to go away so that I can take another practice test after 2 weeks of studying. I'm hoping my score goes up....but what if it doesn't????? This is so stressful! Neutral

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
gabriel Legendary Member
Posted:
986 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Upvotes:
Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:44 pm
itobean wrote:
hey itobean why dont u discuss ur study strategy and also ur problem area on the forum .. may be the more experienced members will be able to guide u on ur strategy .. and give tips for ur problem areas...

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
35 messages
Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:46 pm

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
aim-wsc Legendary Member
Posted:
2470 messages
Followed by:
14 members
Upvotes:
Target GMAT Score:
801-
Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:13 pm
cooldude wrote:
hi guys,i m a new member of ur looser section

and guess wat's the irony my lowest gmatprep score was 710 but real gmat turned pathetic Crying or Very sad

but never mind jesus want me to go 'looser' way then so be it
Twisted Evil
hey cooldude,
when did this happen?

Could you start special tread and share your experience with us?

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
35 messages
Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:54 pm
I don't understand? How could you go from 700s to the Loser Club???? Was it test anxiety the day of the test?

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
cooldude Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
108 messages
Upvotes:
Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:53 am
hi guys,i m a new member of ur looser section

and guess wat's the irony my lowest gmatprep score was 710 but real gmat turned pathetic Crying or Very sad

but never mind jesus want me to go 'looser' way then so be it
Twisted Evil

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
35 messages
Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:11 am
I'll do that! I need help in a serious way!

I took the test and my score only went up 30 points overall. My verbal did go up quite a bit though. But still not high enough.

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
GCHall840 Community Manager Default Avatar
Posted:
111 messages
Followed by:
2 members
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:26 pm
Hi Itobean,
I think that this forum is an excellent place to share stories about the preparation process and the GMAT, itself.
Honestly, I took the GMAT quite a long time ago. I got a 390 the first time and 410 the second time. After the first test, I actually enrolled in a Kaplan prep course, but I got lost in all of their material. On top of that, the Kaplan staff was not very helpful. Their local center here was so cramped that it was impossible to use their resources, too. So, that was a big waste of money and my time as well.
Here I am trying to do this all over again. I really do like the Manhattan GMAT virtual online course because I think that their materials are much better than any other test prep ones. And, the instructors seem very interested in helping their students when they need it. So far, I am doing quite well with their strategy guides and what I am learning from them.
I don't want to get intimidated by a lot of the comments that I read from all of the people who have a goal to score more than 700. If I got a 500 or a 550 on the GMAT, I would be thrilled.
Greg

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
35 messages
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:09 am
I'm so glad that we are not alone in this!! Thank you for your awesome words of encouragement. Sometimes when I read over things on this site or ClearAdmit I think that I'm the only person here who is getting such a low score and who isn't necessarily pursuing the top 10 business schools. I am looking at 2 of them but they aren't my first picks. I guess that's what makes us all unique. I just hope my consultant "gets" that when we meet!!

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Eve Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
4 messages
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:45 pm
itobean wrote:
I hate to see that someone else is in the same boat as I. But we can get through this together!! I'm afraid also that my "consultant" is going to tell me to give up my dream of grad school. I can do this, we can do this!! We need to remember that even though this test is important, it is not the end all!!
If someone... anyone... is going to tell you to give up, obviously, he/she is not someone you should work with. Pursue your dream - if grad school is something you really REALLY want to do then sacrifice some time, learn the basic concepts, practice, practice, practice and re-take the test. Low score is not a good reason to give up.

I took Kaplan's diagnostic test last week and got a magnificent 410. Am I disappointed? Of course... Am I upset? Not at all... It only showed me where I stand and in a way motivated me to hit the books. I want to get a good score, I want to go to grad school, and I want to get an MBA... do NOT give up. I'm in the same boat as you... and I will not give up.

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
35 messages
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:21 am
I hate to see that someone else is in the same boat as I. But we can get through this together!! I'm afraid also that my "consultant" is going to tell me to give up my dream of grad school. I can do this, we can do this!! We need to remember that even though this test is important, it is not the end all!!

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
aim-wsc Legendary Member
Posted:
2470 messages
Followed by:
14 members
Upvotes:
Target GMAT Score:
801-
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:16 pm
palman wrote:
I remember seeing somewhere that the GMAT folks have special procedures for those with certain disabilities (more time, paper test, different computer screen, etc). You should look into it.
INTERESTING!

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
palman Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
2 messages
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:27 pm
I remember seeing somewhere that the GMAT folks have special procedures for those with certain disabilities (more time, paper test, different computer screen, etc). You should look into it.

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag

Best Conversation Starters

1 lheiannie07 112 topics
2 swerve 64 topics
3 LUANDATO 64 topics
4 ardz24 61 topics
5 AAPL 57 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description Scott@TargetTestPrep

Target Test Prep

227 posts
2 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

176 posts
3 image description Jeff@TargetTestPrep

Target Test Prep

168 posts
4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

138 posts
5 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

129 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts