Where is the Loser section?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: count me in

by beatthegmat » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:05 pm
cooldude wrote:hi guys,i m a new member of ur looser section

and guess wat's the irony my lowest gmatprep score was 710 but real gmat turned pathetic :cry:

but never mind jesus want me to go 'looser' way then so be it
:twisted:
cooldude:

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience! And you are NOT a loser.

I hope you decide to re-take the test.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:21 pm
It's a big shock for me, cooldude.
you can call me.... i dont have your name.
Find my no. on my blogs chat box.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by cooldude » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:33 am
itobean wrote:I don't understand? How could you go from 700s to the Loser Club???? Was it test anxiety the day of the test?
man i donn know my self.i never study for quant coz i was ok in tht and scored ok in quant
but verbal score i donn know wa hpened i was expecting a bad day score as 36 and good day score as 43 but it's a pathetic 33

no not a bit of anxiety i was calm as ever
confident as normallly i do and now ay over confident
testing center staff was very help ful
they didnt left any room for any disturbance
but donn know wat haened
when i started my gmta prep my first gmat prep score was 710-my lowest,but thats an old record now

by cooldude » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:35 am
aim-wsc wrote:It's a big shock for me, cooldude.
you can call me.... i dont have your name.
Find my no. on my blogs chat box.
r u a soul healer of alternative medicine?

by cooldude » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:45 am
beatthegmat wrote: cooldude:

hey no need 2 be sorry eric

book of Jeremiah: "For I know the plans I have for
you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you
and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

so work hard and party harder :lol:
no need 2 be sorry

and i ve decided not 2 etake the test atleast for sometime not coz i m in shock or wanna rest but coz i donn have 250$,an amount whihx is equal to two months cost of living of me+my paernets

:twisted: :wink:

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin

by beatthegmat » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:19 am
cooldude wrote:
beatthegmat wrote: cooldude:

hey no need 2 be sorry eric

book of Jeremiah: "For I know the plans I have for
you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you
and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

so work hard and party harder :lol:
no need 2 be sorry

and i ve decided not 2 etake the test atleast for sometime not coz i m in shock or wanna rest but coz i donn have 250$,an amount whihx is equal to two months cost of living of me+my paernets

:twisted: :wink:
cooldude:

Have you thought about applying for the Beat The GMAT Scholarship? https://www.beatthegmat.com/scholarship/

The top three prizes offers cash subsidies for your GMAT registration.

Community Manager
Followed by:2 members

Intense studying comes and goes

by GCHall840 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:36 am
I don't want to call myself a loser because I don't think of myself that way.
However, I am taking the Manhattan GMAT online course where there is a set program of study that I think takes a lot of time, energy, and perserverance to keep up with things like that. At first, I was able to keep up with all of the subjects that were assigned for the week. But, as the subjects started to get harder, I started to get behind because it took me longer to go through the material. In fact, my study sessions became a lot more demanding to me when I didn't understand something. So, each day was either very productive when it came to what I was learning and practicing, or I would not be able to get very much done the next day when something became difficult for me. In most every case where I would have an unproductive study session, I would find an online lab that I had already completed where I would look for the "hints" that I was missing in the process. It would also help me a lot to go back into the strategy chapter where I had the problem or difficulty in the first place. Then, I would return to practice those difficult problems to use what I had found by doing things that way.
I think that this whole preparation process is all about being consistent, patient, and perservering. That is the way I did things before when I needed to finish something important, most specifically when I think about how I completed my undergraduate degree in business and economics.
Greg
Last edited by GCHall840 on Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin

Re: Intense studying comes and goes

by beatthegmat » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:57 pm
GCHall840 wrote:I don't want to call myself a loser because I don't think of myself that way.
However, I am taking the Manhattan GMAT online course where there is a set program of study that I think takes a lot of time, energy, and perservance to keep up with things like that. At first, I was able to keep up with all of the subjects that were assigned for the week. But, as the subjects started to get harder, I started to get behind because it took me longer to go through the material. In fact, my study sessions became a lot more demanding to me when I didn't understand something. So, each day was either very productive when it came to what I was learning and practicing, or I would not be able to get very much done the next day when something became difficult for me. In most every case where I would have an unproductive study session, I would find an online lab that I had already completed where I would look for the "hints" that I was missing in the process. It would also help me a lot to go back into the strategy chapter where I had the problem or difficulty in the first place. Then, I would return to practice those difficult problems to use what I had found by doing things that way.
I think that this whole preparation process is all about being consistent, patient, and perserving. That is the way I did things before when I needed to finish something important, most specifically when I think about how I completed my undergraduate degree in business and economics.
Greg
Nice advice, Greg.

Community Manager
Followed by:2 members

Moving right along

by GCHall840 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:00 pm
I just had to post another comment about studying for the test because that has become my number one priority. Honestly, I do like the Manhattan GMAT program as most people who read these posts, already know that. But, I have a point to make here about how I am making things happen for myself in regards to that MG course and the way that I am doing things with it. Granted, it is a very intense course that prompts you to do things a certain way each and every week during the time period that the class is in session. It is also very easy to get behind in the things that you are supposed to be doing each week, especially when something becomes difficult. At the same time, I have developed a certain way of dealing with that kind of thing by doing what is assigned first for the week and then, doing anything that was difficult about another week's work after I finished the current week's assignments. I would say that I have my own strategy set up along with what Manhattan GMAT prompts me to do each week. That way, I don't ever feel like I am really behind on anything. I am just learning and practicing every time I do anything. It is what I do with what I am learning in the study process that makes me know that I am going to get where I want to be when I take the test on May 29.
Greg

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sheenie2000 » Fri May 18, 2007 7:43 pm
One of posters mentioned they had a disability. I have straubismus which is considered a visual disability to Gmat. I got 50% extra time and an extra breaks. I also was in a completely separate room from the others also which was nice!
Depending on your disability, they have other options also such as double the time, test readers, etc. One of my friend's in college was dyslexic and he had someone read him all his tests.

I would highly recommend looking into that. It is pretty simple. You just have to fill out a form from the website, then get a a doctor or trained professional who can diagnose your disability and fill out the form also. Then you just mail it in along with the fee. I got an email from them about 8 weeks later saying the GMAT committee approved it and decided to give me extra time. Then you just call GMAT up and schedule an appointment. I had to pay the fee again but I got a check in the mail that refunded me the extra payment. (I'm not sure why they do it that way).

I'm so grateful for the services they provide and taking into consideration my issue.