Score calculator

This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:42 am
Hi bhavyapabby,

The extra information that you've provided is really helpful in that it shows that your definition of "test-like" does not match my definition.

"Test-like" means more than just completing the entire CAT. The GMAT is administered under very specific conditions, so it's beneficial to practice under similar conditions. In addition, your specific Test Day and Time should be considered when you plan our when to take your practice CATs.

For example, if your Official GMAT is on a Saturday at 9am, then that's the same day/time combo that you should be taking your practice CATs. Since the GMAT is not administered in your home, you should "travel" the same amount of time that you would travel on Test Day. The GMAT is also not administered on laptop computers (that I am aware of), so the physical differences between working on a desktop computer and a laptop computer should also be factored in.

I don't have any comment on another GMAT Company's CATs other than to say that none of the CATs is exactly the same as the Official GMAT; certain CATs are "closer" than others, but they all inherently have some bias.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by RKOOuttaNowhere » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:50 am
No David, am yet to take the GMAT Prep 2. My test taking date would most probably be within the next 2 weeks, and am planning to take the prep test 2, 2-3 days prior to that.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by RKOOuttaNowhere » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:54 am
Alas Rich. If only the world were that perfect!

Perfection is though born out of tough situations like these, per my experience. As a financial services consultant, a 12 hour workday is very natural and leaves me with only limited time to practice.

I am making the most of what I have - willpower and determination.

And that, I believe, will get me much farther than anything else.

Thanks for your consideration. :)