Profile Evaluation - ISB Hyderabad

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by dhruv6954 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:18 am
Hi,

Please give have a look at my profile. I am planning to apply in September 2014.(GMAT in February 2014)
Academic Profile

10th- 84%
12th- 86%
B.E- 7.5(Electronics and Communication Engineering 2012 passout from Indian School of Mines,Dhanbad)

Work Experience

Having a work experience of 1 year in Mining Firm.
I am working as a Graduate Electrical Engineer in world's largest iron ore mining company Rio Tinto. I am based in Perth, Australia. Presently, doing my 2 year Graduate development program in which I get rotated to different parts of the business every 6 months.

5 months in Project Management role where I was dealing with $17 million water pipeline project
4 months in Innovation role where I was working on ore body knowledge to enhance mine planning methods using probabilistic models
3 months(till present)in Asset Management where I am involved in the maintenance of the power distribution assets

Research work: Published a paper on mine safety titled "Towards greener and safer mines using wireless sensor networks" in IEEE in 2011

Extracurricular activities:
1. Coordinator of Technology Club in college
2. Squash champion in college (2012)
3. Won many prizes in Robotics at national level events
4. Represented Andhra Pradesh in Lawn Tennis under-12 team
5. Lead a team working on a website dealing with youth issues

I am targeting ISB and HBS, would be applying in September 2014. PLease give a feedback on my profile and also how much GMAT score should I target?

Regards
Dhruv

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:34 members

by AskgoISB » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:41 am
dhruv6954 wrote:Hi,

Please give have a look at my profile. I am planning to apply in September 2014.(GMAT in February 2014)
Academic Profile

10th- 84%
12th- 86%
B.E- 7.5(Electronics and Communication Engineering 2012 passout from Indian School of Mines,Dhanbad)

Work Experience

Having a work experience of 1 year in Mining Firm.
I am working as a Graduate Electrical Engineer in world's largest iron ore mining company Rio Tinto. I am based in Perth, Australia. Presently, doing my 2 year Graduate development program in which I get rotated to different parts of the business every 6 months.

5 months in Project Management role where I was dealing with $17 million water pipeline project
4 months in Innovation role where I was working on ore body knowledge to enhance mine planning methods using probabilistic models
3 months(till present)in Asset Management where I am involved in the maintenance of the power distribution assets

Research work: Published a paper on mine safety titled "Towards greener and safer mines using wireless sensor networks" in IEEE in 2011

1. Coordinator of Technology Club in college
2. Squash champion in college (2012)
3. Won many prizes in Robotics at national level events
4. Represented Andhra Pradesh in Lawn Tennis under-12 team
5. Lead a team working on a website dealing with youth issues

I am targeting ISB and HBS, would be applying in September 2014. PLease give a feedback on my profile and also how much GMAT score should I target?

Regards
Dhruv
Hi Dhruv,

ISM is a good brand and you come from a diverse sector. International experience especially the rotation program thing will help if you present it well. But the only worry is less work ex duration. 2 yrs at the time of app is less.

If you get a good GMAT score ( say 720+ or so) you can look at ISB but we are not sure whether 2 years will be sufficient for HBS.

For HBS look at 3 yrs of exp at time of app and a GMAT score in excess of 740 to stand a chance.

goISB Team
Cheers,
goISB team
https://www.goISB.com
Ph: +91 9871354580
Email:[email protected]
Check goISB's Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP) - ISB admit or money back*
https://www.goisb.com/services/gap/

by manky25 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:26 am
Hi
How does ISB look at the candidates from real estate consulting ? Is it a 'tough to find' segment or an 'easily available' one ?

by Sonam12 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:09 am
Hi,

Thankyou for the evaluation. can you also suggest that if my extra curricular activites are sufficient or i can add up to those in some way.

Sonam

ErinaApphelp wrote:Hi Sonam,

You must target 700+ GMAT to strengthen your candidature. BTW, what are your post-MBA goals? Why you want to earn MBA at this juncture? Why ISB? How an MBA from ISB will help to achieve your dreams? These are few important questions asked by the business school adcoms. You must stay focused on these pointers and then write application essays.

Let me know in case of further questions.

Regards
Erina

Sonam12 wrote:Hi,

Can you please evaluate the below profile and let me know whether it is decent for entry in ISB

10th- 75%
12th- 84.83%
B.E- 76.2%(Aggregate of 4 years)

Having a work experience of 5 years in IT
Handled small teams of 2-3 people.
Handled a team of 15-16 people in absence of supervisor in a complex project

1. Secretary of one of the societies in college
2. Part of NSS(NGO club) and part of all activities conducted
3. Part of teach India campaign organized by TOI group
4. Currently pursuing diploma in Dance
5. Part of various art activities

I am preparing for GMAT currently and giving it in september.

Please Evaluate My Profile For ISB

by anand4990 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:52 am
Hi,

Please give your feedback on my profile & suggest where I can improve.

Academics:

10th/SSC- 89% - Maharashtra State Board
12th/HSC- 91% - Maharashtra State Board --> Top Ranker of my School
B.Tech - CGPA 9.9/10 (Information Technology), graduated in 2012 from SRM University,Chennai.

Work Experience:
As on today, I have around 13 months of industry experience.
I am an employee of SAP Labs & I currently work on a product module called Recruiting Management within SuccessFactors (a company which was acquired by SAP) that develops enterprise Cloud applications in the HCM & HR space.

- I am a part of the core development team & predominantly work on J2EE techonlogies.
- Currently I work as part of a small agile team developing an email framework for the Recruiting Management solution.
- I quickly ramped up in the initial months of joining and have contributed to
4 product releases now (a release happens every 3 months).
- I was part of a 3-member team that won the company-wide Hackathon event in Dec'12 for designing and developing the prototype of a product to revolutionize the Recruiting Management solution. This product is currently in the Patent-pending stage.
- I have been recognized as one of the top performers within the team with multiple awards in the past 1 year.
- Apart from product development, I also have exposure to client-facing issues and have helped resolve them on the technical front.

- Founding member of the Music & Theatre club in the company (SuccessFactors) & have performed on various company events.
- Participated in CSR initiatives organized by the company
- Member of the Web Designing team in College
- Won prizes in music, gaming & entrepreneurship events in College
- Won several prizes in music competitions & table-tennis tournaments in school.
- Active sports blogger analyzing football games of the English Premier League (an ardent football follower)
- Trained in classical Carnatic music

Why MBA?
Although I might come across as a strong technical guy, I am very focused on the work that I do.
I like to innovate and I think of technology as an enabler to transform ideas into businesses that add value to the society. I love technology startups and I fancy to take up entrepreneurship at some point in my life (I am already working on an idea and building an app). But I feel I lack the management insight & personally believe that an MBA would help me understand the business side of things like finance, strategy and marketing more clearly. After all, entrepreneurship is not about building a product, it's about building a business. I think ISB provides exciting opportunities in this area and I am encouraged to give a shot at it.

About GMAT prep:
I haven't started my GMAT prep yet. This would be my first attempt.
For the past few days I have only been browsing forums and blogs to gather more information so that I can take an informed decision on when to schedule the exam, how to prepare, which colleges to apply etc.
I believe I am comfortable with Quant & fairly decent with Verbal too.
With 4-5 months of diligent preparation, I think I can get a 700+.
I know colleges like ISB demand more than just 13-14 months of experience, but I intend to finish off with my GMAT exam early while I am still good at the fundamentals.
Considering GMAT scores are valid for 5 years, I am hoping I can apply once I have the desired experience, financial support and a more competitive profile.

Please feel free to comment/criticize on my profile & views.

Thanks,
Anand
Last edited by anand4990 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

by sa8790 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:05 am
Hello..The ISB is starting with its EEO (Early Entry Option) the next year and I'm an aspirant. If someone could evaluate my profile, it would be immensely helpful. Here it is.. I gave the GMAT recently and got 720. I am an Aeronautical Engineer from the reputed Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh and completed my engineering in 2012 with a CGPA of 6.84/10. (This is a danger stat for me.) I have 7 months work ex as an associate with Headstrong, the capital markets division of Genpact and since February 2013, am working as a senior associate with CL Media Pvt. Ltd (A Test Prep company). I am also a content developer there and also am actively involved with their Business Magazine.This gives a net work ex of 1 year in July 2013. X=87.6 (CBSE), XII=86.2 (CBSE). Apart from that, I have been a member of the Entrepreneurship Development Circle in my college, led the aerodynamics team for the FSAE competition, Chennai, and have been a part of the NSS. How do I figure??

by subramanian1408 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 am
Hello,

I would be extremely thankful if anyone of you could review my profile and let me know what my chances at ISB are.

This is my Profile -

I am a 22 year old Indian male working as Product Development Engineer for a leading Japanese appliances manufacturing firm in Singapore.

*GMAT - 720 (94th percentile), Q51 V35 AWA 5.5, IR - 7

*Undergrad - National University of Singapore - Majored in Mechanical engg. Scored 3.9/5. roughly 3.12 on 4.

*Extra-curriculars - I was the Vice President of a performing arts society in NUS. I was involved in event management, publicity, ticket sales, sponsorship activities. Besides this, I was in the publicity committee of a couple of other clubs, took part in voluntary activities.

*Work Experience - 2 yrs and 3 months(as of today) in R&D (New Product development) in a Fortune 500 Japanese company's B2B business in Singapore.

*Post MBA Goals - to get into New Product/business development division of an electronics/consumer goods business, FMCG etc.

*Hobbies - Open water diving, Music Production for short films

While I meet the bare minimum requirement of 2 yrs professional experience, I am still less experienced when compared with someone with say 5+ yrs of work experience. My international experience and interest in music production could contribute to my diversity quotient. But do these factors make mine a strong, competitive profile? Do I have the right numbers (GMAT, GPA) otherwise?

Thank you so much for your time and advice

Regards!

by ga700 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 am
Hey,

I am looking at ISB EEO, would really appreciate if you can evaluate my profile and suggest areas of improvement for the same!

ACADEMICS:
Xth - 82.4%
XIIth - 82.5%
BBM - 75%

WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Currently in my 9th month with Amazon.com as a Risk Investigator.
- Job involves taking quick and accurate decisions every minute and protecting the company from any fraudulent activities.
- Will be becoming a mentor soon, to guide the incoming batches. In other words, will be managing a group of 15 to 20 people.

EXTRA CURRICULAR:
- Work with an NGO that is into teaching under-privileged children.
- Have been a member of Toastmaster's International club in college and also became a mentor/evaluator for the same.
- Was an active member of college fest team in college and was involved in organizing and participating in numerous management fests.
- Deeply interested in learning languages - currently learning Spanish.
- Have taken part and organized several community events.
- Have been the captain in school and corporate football team.

Have not given my GMAT as yet but have given mocks, based on which I am targeting a score of 750+.

POST MBA:
- Want to get some experience in a top consulting firm and later start one by myself.

Regards,
Guru.

by shekharchawla » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:05 pm
Please evaluate my chances at ISB.

Indian/Male/25

GMAT: 740 (Q50, V39, AWA 4.5, IR 6)

WORK EXPERIENCE: 3 years and 3 months
Working as Drilling Fluids Field Engineer in Halliburton Energy Services - one of the top 3 oilfield products and service providers in the world.

"¢ Managed delivery of drilling fluids products & services in 20 Oil & Gas exploration projects with median drilling fluids budget of $500,000.
"¢ Responsibilities included but not limited to drilling fluids formulation and management, daily reporting & costing, inventory & contingency management and ensuring adherence to HSE standards.
"¢ Worked on offshore & onshore drilling sites in multiple countries viz. Papua New Guinea, Oman, Bangladesh, Gulf of Thailand, Bangladesh & India for elite national and international energy companies. Worked with multinational personnel in culturally diverse, highly dynamic and often harsh work environs.
"¢ Attended professional training courses in USA along with engineers and managers from multiple nationalities.
"¢ Successfully led teams of 10 or more members of local drilling crews as drilling fluids site supervisor.
"¢ Trained and assessed junior field engineers and technology scientists in the area of rig operations management.

Achievements at Work:
"¢ Successfully tested two new technologies for 2 different clients on rig site which increased oil well production, and also increased revenue for my company.
"¢ As a presenter in the Know Your PSL sessions, educated company Business Development team about drilling and completion fluids, niche technology, customer challenges, market limitations etc. and helped in the development of business expansion strategy in India.

EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Freelance Consulting
"¢ Optimized resources & strategically modified shop floor layout using KAIZEN methodology for a CNG & LPG Kits manufacturer. Implemented standard safety norms at shop floors and imparted operational training to workers. This resulted in decreased in-process inventory, safer working conditions and 30% increment in plant productivity.
"¢ Developed market entry & distribution strategy for a local Speed Limiting Device manufacturer. Led to 40% sales escalation by incorporation of OEMs, vehicle retailer tie-ups and setup of 3 retro fitting centers.
Leadership Roles
"¢ As convener, led a team of 100 students to organize the annual cultural festival of my undergraduate school. Arranged a total sponsorship of $ 60,000 for the festival, which recorded a footfall of 20,000 over 4 days.
"¢ Served as Public Relations Coordinator of a non-profit organization aimed at creating awareness against terrorism.
"¢ As Head of Student Council in senior high school, organized various cultural, academic and sports events and represented school at national level.

EDUCATION
Bachelor Of Engg., Manufacturing Processes & Automation, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi University. SCORE - 75%, Top 20% of the class.
Class XII - 91% - Merit Scholarship
Class X - 95 % - All India Rank #16, Merit Scholarship.

I plan to highlight my international experience the most in my application essays.
I will be applying in Round 2.

Looking to get recommendations from my manager and an ex-senior colleague who worked with me in the field and who is also an ISB alumnus. Is it a good idea?

Is my AWA score going to be a problem? I consider myself a decent writer and I guess I just got nervous on exam day. Anything I can or should do to make up for it?

Thanks & Regards,
Shekhar

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by isbmantra.com » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:17 am
ga700 wrote:Hey,

I am looking at ISB EEO, would really appreciate if you can evaluate my profile and suggest areas of improvement for the same!

ACADEMICS:
Xth - 82.4%
XIIth - 82.5%
BBM - 75%

WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Currently in my 9th month with Amazon.com as a Risk Investigator.
- Job involves taking quick and accurate decisions every minute and protecting the company from any fraudulent activities.
- Will be becoming a mentor soon, to guide the incoming batches. In other words, will be managing a group of 15 to 20 people.

EXTRA CURRICULAR:
- Work with an NGO that is into teaching under-privileged children.
- Have been a member of Toastmaster's International club in college and also became a mentor/evaluator for the same.
- Was an active member of college fest team in college and was involved in organizing and participating in numerous management fests.
- Deeply interested in learning languages - currently learning Spanish.
- Have taken part and organized several community events.
- Have been the captain in school and corporate football team.

Have not given my GMAT as yet but have given mocks, based on which I am targeting a score of 750+.

POST MBA:
- Want to get some experience in a top consulting firm and later start one by myself.

Regards,
Guru.
Hi! You have a very good profile for the EEO. If you are able to get a 750+ score, there is no stopping you from getting a call. EEO applicants, being young, need to demonstrate good leadership potential. You are about to lead a team already. Try taking initiatives and doing things that are beyond routine tasks at office.
Hope this helps.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra'
'ISBmantra'
www.isbmantra.com
mail to : [email protected]

For international MBA programs, visit www.essaysunday.com - successfully placed students in top schools such as Wharton, Kellogg, Fuqua, Tuck, INSEAD, Oxford etc.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Rockstaaa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:10 am
Hey there ,

It would be very helpful if you could evaluate my profile for ISB , if my profile is competitive or kinda weak ?
Below is my profile .

I am an Indian male 28years old .
* Xth from CBSE : 72%
* XIIth from Tamil Nadu State board : 75%
* Did my B.com from University of Madras :6.25 cgpa on 10

* Worked as assistant analyst in a Shared service center for a top consulting company for 7months .

* after I left , I had typhoid for 2andhalf months . (have bloodtest reports to prove that). And also had problems related to the back for a few months (have X-ray and doctors prescriptions)
Then joined Dad in his business . Its not a big business but there has been increase in turnover after I joined .
Worked in business for 1year .

* After that did my Msc.Economics from Madras school of economics . cgpa: 8.5 on 10

* After that worked as Business analyst in a company for 3years .

Extra curricular activities :

* Part time volunteer at an NGO 2years . Our main activity was to teach poor people who couldn't afford proper schooling .
* Published a few papers on topics related to economics in a few college journals .

GMAT score: 680

MBA Goals:
* Why MBA ?
Well I was working as a Business Analyst for quite sometime and I am from economics backgroud . I was fascinated how a business reacts to the economics reforms and the overall economy of a country . And that got me interested in business as a whole and now I want to gain knowledge and refine myself in business aspects .

*Goals?
Short term : get inside business consulting
Long Term: have a company/Business of my own .

Regards,

Rockstaaa

by anki3011 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:32 am
Hi,
Please have a look at my profile-

Indian/Female/24
Xth-92%
XIIth-86.2%
Did B.E. in IT from NSIT Delhi -67.85%

GMAT-760 (Quant-50, Verbal-44), AWA-5.0
(Can someone please tell me how important AWA is for ISB. I used to think I write decently well but a 60%ile shocked me)

Worked for 10 months as an Analyst in a custom research and analytics firm.
Shifted to a US-based Energy consulting firm (a well-known brand in Energy Sector), and completed 1 year in September. My work is more on the side of modeling and forecasting using the company's proprietary models. I am also involved in the production of a quarterly forecast analysis of the US energy sector which is sold to several clients.

I have also cleared CFA level 1 and FRM level 1.

Extracurricular Activities-

*Editor of Newsletter in college
*Editor of the Bi-weekly newsletter for our group within the organization.

*I also used to write for an online citizen journalism website.
*Scored 13 rank in National Maths Olympiad in school.
*Gold Medal| Awarded for achieving an aggregate of 85% and above for 9 consecutive years
*Merit position in Aryabhatta Mathematics Competition

I have also learnt (and given exams) classical music for three years

MBA Goals-
I would like to move into a business consulting role

My query is, since my work-ex is not much, would it be better for me to wait for a year and then apply or do I stand a chance this season? Also, do my extracurricular activities sound ok? Some of the achievements are from school, so should they be included? I have a lot of certificates from college days for organizing and winning competitions in fests, not sure how relevant it is.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Ankita

by vinayraja5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:45 am
Please evaluate my profile for admission in ISB.
I am from India.

10th (matriculation) - 82%
12th (Intermediate) - 76% (MEC group)
Degree (10+2+3)- 74% (B.com from Silver Jubilee Govt Degree college(A), 'A' grade
Chartered Accountancy (IPCC) - 60%
Appearing for M.com 1st year

Extracurricular
Awarded 'B' certificate in NCC.
Selected to National wide camp from AP through NSS while I was in degree.
Co founder of Jeevika Opportunity Foundation, an NGO, which is inaugurated by collector.
Organised my college annual celebration in intermediate.
Presented a paper in "Teachers as an effective career builders of students", in a workshop on "Globalization: need for entrepreneurs.

Hobbies
I am fond of technology - good at batch file programming, ethical hacking, web building.
Finding reasons for accepted things as I am more skeptical (my profession demands so, and I am blessed with it).
very fond of travelling places.

Experience
worked 2 years as a lecturer teaching finance in reputed institution for CA(Chartered Accountant) students.

Planning to go for GMAT this year and aiming 700 plus.

My GPA from intermediate is a bit low as I channelized most of my time into a business franchise with my sister, where we achieved good levels and were sponsored to an international trip to Malaysia.

Could someone please evaluate my profile and show my chances to ISB.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by ThinkAdmit » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:00 am
Hi anand4990,

You have good insight about your work, how your work impacts business and you are passionate towards your long term goal. At least you fancy it, so that'll be written from the heart. :) With 13 months of experience, you'll be applying under the early entry option.

And here, as I suggest others, you should focus on showing your leadership "abilities". You can show it at various instances... And connect it well with your goals. Like what are the challenges you face with each product release? Talk about interpersonal challenges, team issues, budget issues, communication challenges, etc and how you handled those. How will your technical expertise help you in your post MBA goal? With these things addressed as engaging stories in your essays, I believe you'll build a strong app.

I forgot about passion. You seem to be involved in a lot of activities outside of work, which is great. Just talk about various capacities that you've been involved in. You may show your talent in one, say music and organizational expertise in other... say organizing an event or something. This will show that your leadership skills are not just limited to your work place.

All the best for your GMAT.

Feel free to reach out if you need to discuss in detail.

anand4990 wrote:Hi,

Please give your feedback on my profile & suggest where I can improve.

Academics:

10th/SSC- 89% - Maharashtra State Board
12th/HSC- 91% - Maharashtra State Board --> Top Ranker of my School
B.Tech - CGPA 9.9/10 (Information Technology), graduated in 2012 from SRM University,Chennai.

Work Experience:
As on today, I have around 13 months of industry experience.
I am an employee of SAP Labs & I currently work on a product module called Recruiting Management within SuccessFactors (a company which was acquired by SAP) that develops enterprise Cloud applications in the HCM & HR space.

- I am a part of the core development team & predominantly work on J2EE techonlogies.
- Currently I work as part of a small agile team developing an email framework for the Recruiting Management solution.
- I quickly ramped up in the initial months of joining and have contributed to
4 product releases now (a release happens every 3 months).
- I was part of a 3-member team that won the company-wide Hackathon event in Dec'12 for designing and developing the prototype of a product to revolutionize the Recruiting Management solution. This product is currently in the Patent-pending stage.
- I have been recognized as one of the top performers within the team with multiple awards in the past 1 year.
- Apart from product development, I also have exposure to client-facing issues and have helped resolve them on the technical front.

- Founding member of the Music & Theatre club in the company (SuccessFactors) & have performed on various company events.
- Participated in CSR initiatives organized by the company
- Member of the Web Designing team in College
- Won prizes in music, gaming & entrepreneurship events in College
- Won several prizes in music competitions & table-tennis tournaments in school.
- Active sports blogger analyzing football games of the English Premier League (an ardent football follower)
- Trained in classical Carnatic music

Why MBA?
Although I might come across as a strong technical guy, I am very focused on the work that I do.
I like to innovate and I think of technology as an enabler to transform ideas into businesses that add value to the society. I love technology startups and I fancy to take up entrepreneurship at some point in my life (I am already working on an idea and building an app). But I feel I lack the management insight & personally believe that an MBA would help me understand the business side of things like finance, strategy and marketing more clearly. After all, entrepreneurship is not about building a product, it's about building a business. I think ISB provides exciting opportunities in this area and I am encouraged to give a shot at it.

About GMAT prep:
I haven't started my GMAT prep yet. This would be my first attempt.
For the past few days I have only been browsing forums and blogs to gather more information so that I can take an informed decision on when to schedule the exam, how to prepare, which colleges to apply etc.
I believe I am comfortable with Quant & fairly decent with Verbal too.
With 4-5 months of diligent preparation, I think I can get a 700+.
I know colleges like ISB demand more than just 13-14 months of experience, but I intend to finish off with my GMAT exam early while I am still good at the fundamentals.
Considering GMAT scores are valid for 5 years, I am hoping I can apply once I have the desired experience, financial support and a more competitive profile.

Please feel free to comment/criticize on my profile & views.

Thanks,
Anand
Nitin, ThinkAdmit

EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: +91 7838998299

Our GMAT Partner: https://www.edvento.com

Read our blog: https://www.thinkadmit.com/blog
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thinkadmit
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thinkadmit

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by ThinkAdmit » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:11 am
sa8790 wrote:Hello..The ISB is starting with its EEO (Early Entry Option) the next year and I'm an aspirant. If someone could evaluate my profile, it would be immensely helpful. Here it is.. I gave the GMAT recently and got 720. I am an Aeronautical Engineer from the reputed Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh and completed my engineering in 2012 with a CGPA of 6.84/10. (This is a danger stat for me.) I have 7 months work ex as an associate with Headstrong, the capital markets division of Genpact and since February 2013, am working as a senior associate with CL Media Pvt. Ltd (A Test Prep company). I am also a content developer there and also am actively involved with their Business Magazine.This gives a net work ex of 1 year in July 2013. X=87.6 (CBSE), XII=86.2 (CBSE). Apart from that, I have been a member of the Entrepreneurship Development Circle in my college, led the aerodynamics team for the FSAE competition, Chennai, and have been a part of the NSS. How do I figure??
Hi sa8790,

If you're applying under EEO, you're still competing with everyone who have >2 years of experience. So you need to show that you'll be competent in that time and you're right now on the path of becoming a successful applicant. You need to show leadership abilities, analytical skills, and dynamic personality.

Your undergrad acads are low but don't worry. I think you've compensated for this with your XII score and GMAT. Enhance on your current experience. What is your current profile, role and how you are performing... Is your current role in line with your career goals? Are you handling responsibilities enough? What is the impact of your work on business, etc... You are showing dynamic personality through your involvement in extra-currics, just make sure you work around interesting stories around those and connect them to your passion and personality.

Do reach out if you need to discuss in detail.
Nitin, ThinkAdmit

EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: +91 7838998299

Our GMAT Partner: https://www.edvento.com

Read our blog: https://www.thinkadmit.com/blog
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thinkadmit
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thinkadmit