BTG Practice Questions - Expert Help

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by prashant misra » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:03 am
I thought option C would be the answer please anyone explain how it would be other options suitable.

Followed by:5 members

by tuanquang269 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:40 am
I think this question is the tough one with many new words (to me). When I understand the argument, it is easy to choose the correct answer.

City Attorney: "Those who look to the public trough as a means to ameliorate their economic burdens which they suffer not at all from the hands of the government should not be appeased. Who pays for the monetary judgements doled out to these fakes? You do!"

The quote by the city attorney in the second paragraph probably serves to address

A-fraud as a menace that hampers city dwellers' every day lives
B- activities of a depraved few who see public transit as a way to fund their marginal existence
C- economic burdens disproportionately placed on the virtuous instead of on the callous and selfish
D- the enormous economic interdependency between public transit and the community it serves
E- passengers who suffer actual injuries on public transit
The boldface does not solve anything relate to the economic interdependency between public transit and the community its serve.

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by ronnie1985 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:50 am
The mayor was saying that due to fraudulent cases the taxes is increased and everybody including the innocents and honest persons feel the burden of extra taxes.
(C) is the only option hinting towards it, no other option is even closer.
Follow your passion, Success as perceived by others shall follow you

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by manihar.sidharth » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:24 am
What's the Source!!!!

by mv12 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:43 pm
C should be the one.

Followed by:3 members

by Lifetron » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:23 pm
City attorney's address will go with D
Mayor's address will go with C

If we choose C for this question, we need an extra assumption that the City attorney addresses only to virtuous ! That is not explicitly mentioned anywhere !

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by pawar.aman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:15 am
I think answer is c.

question ask us to identify the function of the attorney's quote in the sentence.

so here attorneys's quote is addressing to the non-fakers,explaining them not to appease fakers. because it is not government who is paying for the misdid of fakers, but it is you (virtuous tax payers) who is eventually paying for them through higher tax's levied on you by gov.

option D seems to be a valid answer but on closer observation it is not the attorney who is talking about interdependence of pubic trans. and community but it is the mayor who relates these two.

hope i made sense . :)

by jaspreetsra » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:10 am
IMO: C
Hard work brings success!