Bombed the GMAT - 460 (Q 24) (V30) AWA -6.0 - Help Please

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:39 pm
D Terman wrote:Hi All,

It's D Terman here.

My last post was over 8 years ago. Today, I reflected on my journey after talking to a friend currently fighting their own GMAT battle and it inspired me to write this post.

Getting my MBA was one of the best things I've done in my life. Not only has it opened many new professional doors , but most of my dearests friends today are from my time in B-school.

So ... What's new. After graduating with an MBA and a 2nd graduate degree in 2012, I joined a prestigious management consulting firm and was just recently promoted to Director. B-school taught me to think in new ways and I use this skill to my advantage each and every day. My professional journey has taken me to all corners of the US as well as abroad. I can say with honesty, that I absolutely love what I do. I work on complex and interesting projects that have lasting impact on my clients and no two days are alike. Also, I have nearly complete autonomy for what I do and how I do it, including how I lead my teams. Because of this, work doesn't feel like work. Most of time, I'm saying to myself "I can't believe they pay me to do this..."

I'm truly happy. I have the financial freedom to enjoy some of the finer things in life and to also provide for my immediate family when times have gotten tough. And, last, but certainly not least I have found the love of my life...

Thus, if you're struggling like I did and are wondering "is this all worth it?" Let me tell you that, YES, it can be. I'm living a life that I never could have imagined before and beating the GMAT was the first step in this amazing journey.

So ... hang in there. Keep on studying. Keep on fighting. And, don't let your dreams just be dreams. Make them your reality.

D Terman
Thanks for coming back and sharing your wonderful story. (And if anyone with a similar story is lurking, please chime in. This type of encouragement and positive feedback is part of what makes this community so valuable.)
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course