School Choices...(Please Help)

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

School Choices...(Please Help)

by Ibeatthegmatkel » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:01 pm
Hello,

Stats: 28 year old Female, 640 GMAT, 3.2 GPA from Suny Albany, 6 years of work experience in the consumer packaged goods industry.

I am looking to transition from sales in to brand management in the CPG industry.

The schools I have applied to already include OSU, IU, UNC, Cornell, NYU and UMD.

I wanted to know what your thoughts were on the schools that I picked and whether you think my stats are strong enough to apply to Kellogg third round for fall 2008.

Thank you in advance for any insight you can offer me.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:12 pm
Dear ibeatthegmatkel:

The third round at top programs is always a gamble due to the limited number of seats left. If you are not at least above the average GMAT, GPA, etc. and bring something unique to the table, it might even be more of a stretch. Review the class profile of the most recent Kellogg class and think about your past experiences. If you feel you are a compelling applicant with above average numbers, then it might be worth it to apply. You have already applied to many strong programs for brand, so I think you will be in good shape wherever you might land. Lastly, you might want to read the sticky we have on school selection for additonal insight.

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me