4 apps, ~4 dings, what now?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

4 apps, ~4 dings, what now?

by sharma_anruag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:35 pm
More about me:
28 yo/Indian/Male/BTech IT
GMAT - 710 (Q49/V38)
WorkEx - 5+ year Analytics Consulting (1.5 year in London)
GPA - 6.1/10, by far the biggest red flag
Admission Consultant from one of the popular names involved

As hinted by the title of the post, during the latest mba application sessions I applied to Tuck, Duke, Darden and Ross and I have already been summarily rejected by 3 of those schools(Ross most likely to follow soon), without interview to boot. I plan give this MBA thing one more "the old college try" and would really like some help in figuring out where do i go from here.

1. Darden has indicated that there is going to be some time in June when i can get some feedback on the application. Do other schools on my list also extend open feedback?

2. With my GPA is it all possible to crack the top 15? I do not plan to go beyond that as the probability of getting my ROI out of it takes a sharp nose dive

3. I already plan to increase my GMAT but is 750+ going to make the critical difference?

4. I hope to get promoted in next few months so there should be further progress on my WorkEx front but would 29 be old from US bschool perspective?

5. Overall any other suggestions would be great...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:05 pm
I think it is possible to get into a top 15 school with your profile. Some schools give feedback, you'll have to check with the individual schools. 750 or higher on your GMAT would make a huge difference in my opinion. 29 is definitely not too old for US business school! You should try expanding your list to the top 20-25. Good luck on your applications next year!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sharma_anruag » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:54 am
Thanks Michael !