Where can I get more tests to practice?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Where can I get more tests to practice?

by athinabean » Sat May 24, 2008 12:44 am
Hi everyone,
So I've taken
- Both official GmatPrep tests (610 and 650, in case your were wondering)
- 3 tests on the Kaplan CD (not 800, the other one) plus the one on their site (540 - 580)
- Manhattan free onine test (580)
I am taking the GMAT in a little over a month and desperately need more practice tests, can anyone advise where I can buy/access more?

It would also be helpful to know why the huge discrepancy between my OG scores and the Kaplan/Manhattan scores?

Thank you very much :)

Alex

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1535 members
GMAT Score:800
athinabean wrote: I am taking the GMAT in a little over a month and desperately need more practice tests, can anyone advise where I can buy/access more?
among other things, you can buy access to our practice tests, along with all the other online resources (= study organizer, exam results analysis tools, and so on). i'm not sure of the price, because i don't handle anything on the billing or purchase end of things, but you can contact us (800 576-gmat) and find out the pricing.

on mba.com there is also something called 'gmat focus', a collection of newfangled problems that seem to reflect the changing priorities of the math portion of the test. (gmat focus consists solely of math problems, at least for now.) those aren't practice tests - in fact, they aren't even practice test sections, since they consist of only 24 questions per 'test' - but they're still valuable. the price is a bit steep (iirc it's $75 for three tests, or $30 per individual test).
athinabean wrote:It would also be helpful to know why the huge discrepancy between my OG scores and the Kaplan/Manhattan scores?
it would be helpful to know the order in which / dates on which you took the tests, because, without chronological ordering, the results mean comparatively little.

also, remember that the standard error (approximately the same thing as 'standard deviation', if you don't know a lot about statistics) of the gmat is about 30 points, a fact that means that you should expect a fair amount of up-and-down in your scores. it would actually be quite remarkable if you amassed a list of scores WITHOUT the eventual occurrence of the sort of variation depicted here. (take a look at the wild fluctuations in the scores of moderator 'mayonnai5e' here, especially at the beginning of his trajectory.)
or:
some days you get all the lights red, other days you get them all green.
most days are somewhere in between.
Ron has been teaching various standardized tests for 20 years.

--

Pueden hacerle preguntas a Ron en castellano
Potete chiedere domande a Ron in italiano
On peut poser des questions à Ron en français
Voit esittää kysymyksiä Ron:lle myös suomeksi

--

Quand on se sent bien dans un vêtement, tout peut arriver. Un bon vêtement, c'est un passeport pour le bonheur.

Yves Saint-Laurent

--

Learn more about ron

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Spence » Sun May 25, 2008 8:09 am
There's a free test on Princeton Review's Web site, plus four more in their book, Cracking the GMAT. Their tests are closer to the real thing than Kaplan. Don't worry too much about your Kaplan scores.