reading comprehension practice

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

reading comprehension practice

by resilient » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:23 pm
I have been working diligently to fix all mistakes errors on reading comprehension. Manhattan GMAT worked well for me and it helped me understand how to choose the right answers. My question is I have been doing the official guide questions and want to keep studying in order to stay fresh. however, I am starting to remember the question and it is no longer new information to me. What should I do? I want to study from actual questions and have actual explanations for them. what to do?
Appetite for 700 and I scraped my plate!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

RC practice

by torontogmat.com » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:43 am
If you have exhausted the OG questions, you could always download GMATPrep for 'actual' questions.

Additionally, you could buy a bunch of used study books from half.com. I recommend Kaplan -- 2003-2005 versions are fine, and can be purchased for $1 plus shipping.

In my opinion the Kaplan RC explanations are outstanding, but Princeton books are also available for cheap on half.com.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by arunmmw » Tue May 20, 2008 10:18 pm
I read all passages in 3000 RC document to gather information on various topics and increase my reading comprehension, but i havent spend much time in answering those passages.
Regards
Arun

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Re: RC practice

by chidcguy » Sat May 24, 2008 2:52 pm
torontogmat.com wrote:If you have exhausted the OG questions, you could always download GMATPrep for 'actual' questions.

Additionally, you could buy a bunch of used study books from half.com. I recommend Kaplan -- 2003-2005 versions are fine, and can be purchased for $1 plus shipping.

In my opinion the Kaplan RC explanations are outstanding, but Princeton books are also available for cheap on half.com.
Are you sure that the old editions have different RC passages?

We can work on LSAT packages to improve comprehension, but the passages are generally large, unlike GMAT passages and are difficult as well. How about the GRE passages? Any one tried them?

Thanks