SC-develop

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

SC-develop

by smallsorrow » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:50 am
Pls explain why my original ans is wrong... ? why is the infinitive used after the be-word?
Attachments
SC_develop.JPG

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

Re: SC-develop

by iamcste » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:10 am
smallsorrow wrote:Pls explain why my original ans is wrong... ? why is the infinitive used after the be-word?

1. B and D eliminate

Misplaced modifer case
"which" a noun modifier modifies "signals" ...signals do not lead to smaller, faster seminconductors

Also, which is a non restrictive modifer meaning even if we remove the clause containing which, meanimg shud not be affected. This is surely not the case here.."that " is required

2. Of A, D and E

From explanation above, "that " must be used and it should be placed in such a way that it modifies correctly and also makes statement parallel

In A, "that" modifies "Development" correctly

"that can transmit " parallel to " that may one day "

D and E can be rejected for not using correct modifer to modify "Devlopment" and akward usage such as " maybe"

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Re: SC-develop

by karmayogi » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:21 am
smallsorrow wrote:Pls explain why my original ans is wrong... ? why is the infinitive used after the be-word?
All options except A are either awkward or wordy. In GMAT, if two sentences convey the same message then go for the concise one. Also, in option C, "has the capability of transmitting and receiving..." is unnecessarily wordy and "maybe" is wrongly used.[/url]