Finally got my 710 thanks to TTP

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Finally got my 710 thanks to TTP

by willg2023 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:20 am
I started my GMAT journey in December of 2022 when I decided I needed to take it to pursue an MBA. I often use Reddit, so I started there to read about GMAT prep. It became clear TTP was highly recommended across the board and would be the place to start if I just wanted to do it right the first time.

I hadn’t done any sort of GMAT preparation or known much about the GMAT at all.

I used TTP starting in January and February for about 20 hours per week on average. By march, some life circumstances came up and I really didn’t get much studying in at all through April. This led to me rescheduling my GMAT from May to June and purchasing another few months of TTP. The biggest mistake I made was scheduling my GMAT right away when I purchased the first four-month TTP access assuming that I would have completed the course by then. I didn’t consider the things that life can and would throw my way that would dig into or eliminate my allocated study time. My piece of advice would be to get the longest TTP access they have a deal for and plan on GMAT prep taking as long as you need.

When it came time to take the test I had scheduled for June, I hadn’t covered 50-70% of the TTP content and was not prepared. I got a 650 mock and then a 550 on test day. A large part of the poor test day performance was that I didn’t adhere to TTPs test taking strategy and panicked on quant timing.

I was seriously discouraged by the test and decided I needed to get focused again. I went back to TTP to make sure I covered every quant lesson and did practice tests for each one. I expedited my program by starting to hit easy tests for every unit to get a foundation. I planned to come back for the medium and hard tests but my next test day came up fast and I didn’t get to it. I also made and memorized flashcards of every equation that TTP provided on their guide.

On test day in late July, a few days after a 740 mock, I got a 710 (Q42 V45 IR8 AWA5). I was incredibly grateful and relieved to have hit my target score. I was surprised at how difficult quant was for me considering I always thought math to be a strong suit of mine, but the timing made things more challenging. I know if I would’ve gave myself the time I needed to thoroughly complete TTP and do all the practice tests, I could’ve for sure made 730 or higher.

For verbal, there is no way I would’ve been able to score as highly as I had if I didn’t do the sentence correction and logical reasoning sections of TTP. They had just enough to make sure I understood everything but not too much to bog me down.

I know TTP has all of the quant content for you to reach any score goal you set for yourself if you give it the time it takes to complete it. I would say the same for verbal, but I can only speak for native English speakers.

It was really refreshing to have everything I needed for my GMAT prep in one place. I appreciated the clean user interface that made my endurance better for spending long hours studying. The chat function proved to be very helpful multiple times when I needed a human explanation or had a question I couldn’t get answered elsewhere.

Overall, TTP is a fantastic GMAT prep software, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to just buy and do one thing to get their target score. I put in about 200 hours and got a 710 and attribute being able to do it in that timeframe to TTP. If I could’ve done one thing differently, I would have bought a longer subscription and allocated more time to prepare for the test

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members
Congrats on scoring 710!!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage