How I got a 700+ Using TTP

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How I got a 700+ Using TTP

by abarnola » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:16 am
Materials:
Quant and Verbal: TargetTestPrep and the videos by GMATNinja (They're great for sentence correction)
IR and AWA: Just used the official mock exams

Scores:
[COLD] 2 February: 570 (32Q 31V)
[MOCK 1] 5 August: 700 (47Q 40V)
[MOCK 2] 7 August: 740 (50Q 41V)
[MOCK 3] 11 August: 760 (50Q 42V)
[ACTUAL GMAT] 12 August: 720(47Q 41V 8IR 5AWA)

Journey:
I started preparing for my GMAT April of 2022. I started by taking an official mock exam to see where I was and ended up scoring a 570.

I wasn't expecting much so I signed up for TargetTestPrep which was recommended by a close friend of mine who had been accepted to HBS and had nothing but great things to say about the program. I definitely recommend it after being done with it. TTP has a great tool in which you can see everything you have to accomplish in a calendar format. You select how many hours per day/week you can study while balancing work and other commitments and it calculates a pretty solid pan for you to follow.

My plan extended from mid-April to the very last day before the exam (I only ended up taking 3 mocks out of the 6 available, however). After everything was said and done, I had completed ~90% of the TTP Course. It is a grind but I could almost guarantee that if do the course in its entirety, you will do great in the GMAT. It is a very tough process, and you will have to make many sacrifices if you want to do really well. I would study after work from around 8-12 (I'm a nocturnal person) so there would be days where I would miss out on the gym. Also, on weekends I would go out on Fridays, recover mid-day Saturday and study the other half, and then spend all Sunday studying. it is not fun but it gets the job done.

This exam is a lot more about how much work you put in rather than how smart you are.

Another important point is to control your test anxiety and if you don't know a question, try your best and skip!!! I found myself frustrated at one quant question and ended up running out of time to answer the last 3 questions which hurt my overall quant score.

Q, V, IR, AWA Breakdown:
For Quant, TTP is EVERYTHING you need. They have a very thorough quant review and I felt extremely prepared going into the exam. If I had not mismanaged my time, I believe I could have done better.

For verbal, TTP was a good intro. I also complemented my studies with GMATNinja videos and by getting the official GMAT verbal book to do additional problems.

For IR and AWA, I pretty much went in without studying besides knowing the format from the mock exams

More Resources:
If you'd like to watch my journey and some tips in video form, check out my YouTube videos:
Channel name: Talk2See

Good luck!

Re: How I got a 700+ Using TTP

by oeke » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:41 pm
Your Quantitative score of 47 is also above the average of 40.7. Your Verbal score of 41 is much higher than the average of 27.26. Your Integrated Reasoning score of 8 is the highest possible score and places you in the 92nd percentile. Your Analytical Writing Assessment score of 5 is above the average of 4.43.

trap the cat

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:09 pm
Hi abarnola,

Congrats on a great score. Well done!!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage

by salmawisoky » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:15 am
Congratulations on your GMAT journey and achieving a score of 700+ using TTP! It seems like you had a well-structured study plan and utilized various resources effectively.