Got a 760 using the Accelerated Study Plan of Target TestPrep

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT 760 (Q50, V42) Debrief

Resources used:

1. GMAT Official Resources
2. Target TestPrep

Background: I am an Architect, from India, transitioning into the field of Business and Analytics. I have used the GMAT Official Resources and the accelerated study plan of Target TestPrep to prepare for my GMAT exam.

Before using Target TestPrep:

I began with downloading the GMAT OG resources and took a practice test, in which I scored a 650. This was my benchmark for further evaluating my exam preparation. Since I come from non-technical background, I needed to prove my quantitative skills through the GMAT exam in order to get an admit from the business schools that I was targeting. I decided that I needed a minimum score of 750 overall with a minimum of 50 in Quant.

The official guide helped me understand the basics of the GMAT exam in terms of the questions, time required, skills to be developed, etc. One problem with the OG resources was that all types of questions in Quant and Verbal were mixed together. The study material was no doubt excellent, but the methodology of delivering was a bit all over the place.

I studied the OG resources for about 2 months and took another practice test, in which I improved my score to a 710. I continued for another month and took the 3rd practice test, in which I scored a 710. I was devastated because even after a month there was NO improvement in my score. This was when I realized that I need a specific course which is dedicated to my studying patterns and can help me understand the pattern of my mistakes in order to improve.

After a bit of research on the internet, I decided to go ahead with $1 trial of Target TestPrep and check it out. I was completely hooked to the methodology adopted by Target TestPrep. The way each concept was isolated and carefully explained was something that I could not find in any other course online. I decided to go ahead and take the full subscription and follow the accelerated plan, since I did not have much time on hand.

After using Target TestPrep:

Target Test Prep was an excellent GMAT experience for me. The course is well suited for students at all levels of GMAT scores. The Target Test Prep course carefully analyses a student's strengths and weaknesses and designs the course accordingly. The course has a nuanced set of Quantitative Reasoning lessons and tests. It also includes a wide variety of topics and types of lessons and questions found in the Verbal Reasoning section.

None of the online courses are perfect, but I feel that Target Test Prep is the closest to the official version of the GMAT exam, with about 99% accuracy in terms of the quality and quantity of information. The course has excellently created singular sets of focused lessons and tests for every possible topic that one could come across in the official GMAT exam. I think this is the best characteristic of the Target Test Prep course.

Most importantly, Target TestPrep understands exactly how much a student needs to study to achieve their target score. 'Too much of good stuff is bad stuff' and this is exactly what is emphasized in the teaching patterns of Target TestPrep. The chapters have been spaced with appropriate pauses to relax and refresh the mind before going on to a new topic.

The question banks of TTP are extensive and cover 100% of the GMAT questions in terms of their type. TTP really helped me to sharpen my previously known concepts in the Quant and Verbal sections, especially in the Verbal Reasoning and Sentence Correction Questions, which helped to take the leap from having a good score to having a great score. After studying at TTP for a month and a half, TTP was successful is taking me into the 99th Percentile, where I achieved a score of 760 (Q50, V42) on the GMAT ONLINE exam.

Target TestPrep really has a holistic approach in teaching a student and analyzing their mistakes, and this is what makes a difference. Also, the course is reasonable in terms of price. I will highly recommend Target Test Prep for all kinds of GMAT aspirants. I would also recommend everyone to take up TTP for a period of 3-6 months at least and experience the whole package. The customer support team of TTP is very supportive and will help you with each and everything.

Thank you. Hope this was helpful for all the GMAT aspirants! All the Best!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members
760 is no joke! Congrats!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage