GMAT with TTP

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT with TTP

by jvr94 » Sun May 21, 2023 8:39 am
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my GMAT journey with you all. Coming from a non-traditional background in law, I was pretty nervous about diving into the mathematical rigors of the GMAT. I’m proud to say, however, that I managed to score a 710 after a few weeks of dedicated preparation.

When I first began my GMAT preparation, my biggest challenge was the Quantitative section. As someone who hadn't touched a math textbook in years, I was initially apprehensive. I was worried that my law background would be a disadvantage. However, after researching various GMAT prep resources, I decided to use Target Test Prep (TTP).

TTP stood out because of its extensive practice question bank and in-depth explanations. The amount of practice questions offered by TTP was substantial and was instrumental in helping me to feel ready for the GMAT. Not only were there a multitude of questions to practice on, but the depth of explanation provided for each question was phenomenal. Each question had a detailed solution, which helped me to understand my mistakes and avoid them in the future.

One aspect I particularly appreciated about TTP was how they structured the study plan. It was very methodical and it walked me through each topic step by step. This approach was extremely effective in ensuring that I comprehensively covered all necessary material for the GMAT.

The Quant section of Target Test Prep (TTP) was a standout, thanks to its structured lessons that gradually increased in difficulty. The well-organized and clear lessons made studying enjoyable, and before long, I was easily solving 700-level problems.

On test day, thanks to TTP, I felt prepared and confident (TTP also provides some very helpful sessions on how to specifically approach the test day and get into the right. mindset). I then achieved a score of 710. The study journey was challenging, but the structure and resources provided by TTP eased the process.

So in essence I think TTP is a good recommendation for people with non-traditional backgrounds to prepare in the best possible way for the GMAT!

Best of luck to future test-takers!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members

Re: GMAT with TTP

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Thu May 25, 2023 5:33 pm
Hi jvr94,

Congrats on an awesome GMAT score!! Thank you for sharing.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage