740 GMAT Q50 V40. My experience with Target Test Prep

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I finally got done with GMAT, and I want to thank Target Test Prep for my score. I started my preparation journey in July 2022 and gave my GMAT in November of the same year. I bought the Official Guide and decided to stick to just that. I was doing 30 questions a day, but I never felt like it was going to my head. Did not feel prepared. I felt lacking in study material and decided to go for TTP after reading multiple reviews and recommendations.

I started using TTP in August. I gave the first test that TTP gives you before you start your preparation, and I was confident that I would do well since I was doing well with the OG questions. That diagnostic test told me I was not prepared to give the GMAT. I had initially planned to give the GMAT in September, but once I got the result from the diagnostic test, I decided to give myself time to prepare properly and moved the date to November.
The course is not simply study material, but a guide as well. It keeps you in check by showing you the number of hours you put in daily right on the main dashboard. It gave me the competitive edge to do more than or match the number of hours I put in last week.

I tried to stay consistent with a full-time job, and I created lots of Mock Tests from TTP’s vast question bank. I gave my first Official Mock a week before my actual exam, and I got a 710. I gave another mock one day before my actual exam, and I got 750. I got a 740 on my GMAT.

Coming to Target Test Prep, I honestly feel that you do not require any supplementary material besides TTP to prepare for the GMAT. TTP has excellent study material and course plan, and it provided the right direction that I was lacking in my GMAT preparation.

Strengths:

- The course plan and material are very thorough. They will teach you everything and don’t rely on shortcuts and tricks to supplement your preparation.
- The course will give you detailed knowledge on every topic and even shows you common mistakes that you can fall prey to. This was especially true for in the Verbal sections, as I relied on my supposedly good ‘ear’. Boy, was I wrong.
- Study practices and tips from Scott. I would advice anyone who takes the course to follow the strategies and tips that Scott shares in the form of Daily Videos or ‘Tip of the Day’. They will help you get out of the fear of giving GMAT. It helped me not put GMAT on this pedestal, and I was able to stay calm on my test day. Extremely beneficial.
- The question bank. Seriously, this was a gold mine. They have some 3000 questions, and you can create your custom tests from topics of your own choosing with the difficulty level of your own choosing. It really helps you gauge your performance. I highly recommend using Custom Tests feature.
- The chapter tests also keep you in check. They are frequent and helpful. Every chapter ends with a chapter test that lets you know how well you understood the topic. They also tell you where you need to pay more attention.
- Almost every question that you can expect to have a video explanation, will have a video explanation. They show you how common mistakes should be avoided and how test takers fall for the trap choices. Really helpful.

In conclusion, I did not have the longest time to prepare for the GMAT. I started my preparation seriously in August and gave the GMAT in November. TTP is what helped me through it. Mind you, it does not give you shortcuts or tricks. It will give you the most comprehensive and detailed study plan for your preparation, and if you stick to it, you will get the results you want. If someone had told me in July of 22 that I would get 740 on my first attempt, I would not have believed them. TTP really helped me with both Verbal and Quant. It was a relief to see it all pay off at the end.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members
Hi regime,

Congrats on a great score! The team at TTP is so happy for you!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage