gmat submission

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

gmat submission

by mberkowitz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:53 pm
When a school says that they don't accept GMAT scores achieved after applications have been submitted, do they really mean this?

Several schools have informed me that they are flexible, while others say they won't do it.

Is it possible that they have to say this and they really will accept new official scores during the review process? If this is the case, do they also not accept information on promotions if they occur after the application deadlines?

thanks for any input...

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:47 pm
Dear mberkowitz,

If a school says it will review you only with the GMAT score you have at the time of submission, then that is what they will do. These schools are by no means the majority. As for other updated information, I am guessing it is the same based on the reason they have this policy in the first place. Most of the schools that will not allow you to update a GMAT have this policy due to the sheer volume of applications they receive. They need to complete a file at one point in time and do not want to update/hold it pending new information as it will bottleneck the review process.

Most schools will allow you to update your information during the review process. If you do get a promotion or the like, I still think it is best to let the schools you have applied to know regardless of whether it will be taken into account on your review.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by mberkowitz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm
Thanks Lisa,

It's confusing because sometimes you hear one thing in admissions interviews, and then you see another thing online, making one think that the rules are not in fact set in stone.

Appreciate the input..