Extra Time?

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Extra Time?

by srfn » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:43 pm
Hello - I was advised on a different section of these forums that this question would be better fitting over here.

So I've never been diagnosed with any medical condition recognized by the GMAC (I've never been to a doctor for a diagnosis), but I do think I might have some sort of ADD based on what I've read online. What's the best way to go about seeing a doctor that could evaluate me to let me know if I qualify for 50%-100% of extra time on the GMAT? How hard is it to qualify? Is there one specific doctor I could go see for a quick evaluation and recommendation, should they have one? Does the fact that I've never been diagnosed really hurt my chances of getting any type of extra time, even if I've never been to a doctor?

I've searched around online and have found widely varying answers, hoping someone here has good knowledge/experience to share.

Thanks

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:02 am
Hello, srfn. Thanks for reaching out to us with this question. Accommodations are decided on a case-by-case basis. I suggest you contact our accommodations team directly at [email protected]. They can work with you to let you know what kind of documentation they will require and the types of accommodations available to you.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!