No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Some people argue that those who do not send their children from to public schools should not have to fund these schools through taxes, since neither parents nor children benefit from thier schools. They ignore the face that everyone benefits from the strong economy that a well educated populace generates.

Which argument do you find more compelling, the case for forcing everyone to fund public schools or the opposing viewpoint? Explain your......
------

Whether the parents should fund the public schools depends on their way of thinking. Some might argue against funding public schools as they may not see the benifits i na direct form. In my opinion, all parents should be made to fund the public schools. This would, in a longer run, help in the nation's development, as a whole. The parents who think against this are those who think of the short term gains.

The chief reason for my view is funding improves the conditions in which the public schools operate. These include the infrastructure and many other basic and necessary facilities. This inturn improves quality of services in the schools. For example, there are many public schools in India which are not funded properly. This leads to hygene problems and eventually diseases. This inturn compells many parents to opt for private schools.

Another reason for my view is that better funding leads to better quality of education. The funds can be used to attract better qualified teachers. This inturn leads to higher quality of education being imparted and hence improvement in the levels of the children. For example, schools like Kendriya Vidyalaya, which operate all over India, are properly funded. The students graduating out of these schools are able to compete in the outside and persue their careers going forward.

Some might argue that funding schools which are in no way related to their life directly, think of their short term goals. However, funding public schools, in the longer term, helps in educating more and more students and eventually helps in the improvement of the country. It creates a strong economy that a well educated populace generates.

In sum, I concur that though funding public schools might not create an impact immediately, it will definitely show positive results in the longer run. Funding will help the nation, as a whole, by creating individuals, who can compete outside and make their nation proud.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by nik08 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:50 am
can some1 pls rate .. i need to know where i m going wrong ...