Help needed on mental- stamina...Please Help me..

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I really need help on mental- stamina. I am doing my GMAT preparation since last 2 months (Weekday 2.5 hours daily, weekend 6hours each). I have studied almost all popular books and now have good understanding on various Gmat’s Strategies and solutions.

However I am not able to finish even a single full-length practice test. In all test, I perform well in first 60-70 minutes. However after that I start to loose focus and finally end up with frustration. I tried almost all techniques to stay focused like I did break the full-length exam in pieces etc…I did good on small exam. However whenever I try to give full-length exam I end up with frustration.

IS this common problem or I am not suited for GMAT at all. Request you to please give me suggestions so that I can achieve my GMAT dream.

I have already scheduled the exam on 22nd September.

:cry:

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by darcknyht » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:48 pm
Hi Amit,

Everyone is different, so I don't know if any of the strategies I'll offer will do, but they may help.

I would do practice problems for maybe an hour at a time, and then take a good break (eat some food, watch some tv, etc). That is how I used to study all the time when I was practicing material. It helped me to focus on learning, and I found that after about an hour I would kind of stop being as efficient at learning.

When it's time to practice test taking, I recommend using Manhattan GMAT's tests. They let you do the exam in whatever timed scenario you would like. For instance, when I found that I was getting more questions wrong than I should have, I took the test untimed.

Otherwise, just focus one problem at a time. Don't think about the one before or the one after. The next thing you'll know, you'll be done.

Also, I don't know what area you live in, but ear plugs really work. They helped me just remove myself from distractions and get it going.

Good luck on the test!!