Profile Evaluation request+Retake Advice ( 5th Attempt)

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:640
Hi,
Thanks in advance for evaluating my profile. I am unsure of which universities I could target with my below par GMAT score. I am aiming for Manchester & Warwick Business schools within the UK and a few top 20 universities in the USA.

GMAT : 640 ( 44Q,34V) ( 4th Attempt)
3rd Attempt: 30V 44Q 610
2nd Attempt 29V 47Q 630
1st Attempt 25V 39Q 550

Education: 2.1(GPA : 3.33-3.67) MEng in Electronic and Communications Engineering from one of the top 10 universities in the UK and top 30 in the world.

Work Experience : 3 Years experience working as an Engineer in a well reputed engineering design consultancy in the UK.During my career I have managed teams within the UK and India. I have devised solutions to improve the methods utilized by my organisation.I have full support from the senior management who are more than willing to recommend me to a business school and offer me a job when I graduate from management school.

Nationality & Age: Indian Male, 27

I am unsure whether I should attempt the GMAT for the 5th time in order to get a higher score.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionSusanK » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 am
HI, Kg4107,

Thanks for your post. Your GPA is in line with your target programs; however, your GMAT is below the average. Do you feel confident that you could prep better and get a higher score (high 600's - 700?). Otherwise, you can add some more ballpark programs to your list where you are closer to the average GMAT score. Keep in mind with three years of work experience, you should highlight your leadership abilities and maturity and have a compelling reason why you are pursuing an MBA at this point in your career. It would also help to have refined career goals that flow from your current work experience. You can also differentiate yourself with recent community service examples or strong personal stories.

Good luck,
Susan

Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php