Profile Evaluation: Caribbean Private Equity

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
-Edit as I moved the post to the main forum under the same tittle - Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionSusanK » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:57 am
Hi, Bluegmat700,

Thanks for providing all this information. It sounds like you have some strong qualifications. For the schools you are targeting, you will want to aim for at least a 700 overall on the GMAT and over 80th percentile on each section. It is good that you are taking the GMAT soon as that will help you to better narrow your school selection. Also, you should identify other criteria that are important to you - could include geography, class size, teaching style, etc - so you can be targeted in determining other programs that will meet your needs. A key driver of your school selection and your application will also be your future career goals. You don't mention where you want to go in Private Equity. Once you have defined where you want to go, you will want to demonstrate your transferable skills and experiences from your work experience to date. You should have a good amount to pull from. It is also great that you are involved on Boards, and I encourage you to demonstrate your skills and experiences there to balance out your story. If you can get that GMAT score and put together a compelling story for the admissions committee, you could be well-positioned for your target programs.

Good luck!

Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by bluegmat700 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 am
Susan,

Thank you very much for the reply. Right now I'm investing all of my energy in to getting the right GMAT score, after I clear that hurdle I plan to focus purely on my applications. Do you have any suggestions on steps I can take to improve my candidacy?

Thank you!

Blue