Please Evaluate my Profile GMAT 650/ Work Exp 8 Yrs

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,
I am an Indian IT Male with 8 years of experience in 3 countries(India, US and Korea). Presently working in US on H1B as a Project Manager in a small IT firm. Can you please suggest whether i should retake GMAT and what are my chances for admission to a Full Time MBA from a Good Institute.
Regards
Mann

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionSusanK » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:12 pm
Hi, Mann
First of all, the answer depends on what you consider a "good" institution. There are many criteria for selection the right program - curriculum, learning style, geography, etc. If you mean a top tier school like HBS or Stanford, then a GMAT score over 700 (with at least 80th percentile on each section) will put you better in their range. The schools will also look at your GPA and major as other indicators of academic ability. In terms of your chances to get in, the AdCom will also consider your intended career path and if you can demonstrate relevant skills and experiences that relate to where you want to go. In your 8 years of experience, can you show how you have progressed and demonstrated leadership? I would also encourage you to highlight any community service or personal stories that could make you stand out from similar applicants. One other path you could consider is an Executive MBA program if you are planning to stay within your current career track. You have a lot of years of work experience, so you may want to determine if this would be a good fit for you.

Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by manndip09 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:48 pm
Thanks for the reply Susan. I am particularly interested in Insead Singapore, ISB and other Top Tier 1 Year MBA Programs.
I am also thinking of applying to Top 20 Programs in US. I have demonstrated Leadership Potential and i can supper that too.
Regarding Career Progression also i have enough to support myself.
Could you please suggest what should be the next logical step.