HBS 2+2 profile review!!!

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

HBS 2+2 profile review!!!

by rishika » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:40 am
Hey,
this is my profile. I intend to apply for HBS 2+2, Yale SSP anD IESE YTP.
can you please tell me, if my profile is competitive enough!!!

civil engineering student from Bangalore,India.
GPA-9.3/10 ; 10th standard- 95.6%, 12th standard- 90%
programming languages-C, C++, JAVA
worked with three NGOs to teach poor children and have been part of some tree plantation programs
headed the marketing team for a local event management group for three events
member of many clubs and societies of college
6 months internship at GE Infra, India
was the head girl of my school
made an earthquake and fire evacuation plan for the school
working on a major technical project right now, which i hope would get published before round three's deadline...

Thanks,
Rishika

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionSusanK » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:03 pm
Hi, Rishika
It sounds like you have a very interesting background. First, you did not mention what year you are in at undergraduate, so make sure you meet the qualifications for each school. It looks like you have done well at your program in a challenging and quantitative major which is good. You did not include your GMAT score, but I would recommend you aim for at least a 700 (and 80th percentile on each section) for your target schools. Do you have clear career goals? While you don't have years of work experience to base this on, you do need to be able to articulate you have a path in mind. On the surface it looks like you have some good experiences, and you will need to be able to demonstrate what skills and experiences you have already that will serve as a foundation for your desired path. Given you are a younger MBA applicant, you will also want to show your maturity applying to these types of programs. Being able to communicate your story effectively and achieving a high enough GMAT score could make you competitive for these programs.

Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php