690 with more than 10 years work-ex

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

690 with more than 10 years work-ex

by hiimmunish » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:58 am
Hi,

I am M/32/India and has around 10 years work-ex in education management. Have been handling online education business on my own in the company from the last 6 years. Have started this online division from scratch and helped my company to expand online business to different geographies (US, Canada, and the UK) both in B2B and B2C domains. But right now, I feel my career is not moving at the pace i want it to be. Either i want to stick with the same industry (but different company) or want to move to consulting. Can anyone please suggest if 1 year MBA programs will be good for me? If yes, which ones and where? Here are my details

GMAT: 690 (Q50, V32)
Education: Production Engg (7.5/10) in 1999. Since then have been working with the same company and have assumed mostly entrepreneurial roles at different stages of my career progression.

Extra curriculum: been captain of college cricket team.
Directed and won a play at district level (no certificate though)
i am a sports buff and have been active in other sports as well such as badminton, volleyball, table tennis etc.

need your suggestions.

many thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionSusanK » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:28 am
Hi,
From the information you provided, you should have the academic standing and work experience to position you well for an MBA program. You should also focus on activities or personal relationships that demonstrate your character, particularly recent examples in the last 3-5 years.

In terms of which MBA programs, I would first suggest you think about why you would want an MBA. This will depend on the career path you determine - do you want to keep on the same trajectory but at a higher level or make a career switch to consulting. You do have more years of work experience that most MBA applicants, so an Executive MBA path may work for you. You should also consider other factors such as location, length of program, teaching style, size and population of program, etc. Once you have set these criteria it will be easier to research and pick the right program for you.

Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php