need help!

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

need help!

by win123 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:59 am
Hello all,

I have low GMAT score of 620 and some key points of my profile:

Im a Asian Female,Working in Telecom R&D centre for 2.5yrs now-my first company after graduation and I work on end-to-end specifications of a wireless product where in I need to interact across the teams in d company.
I have good academic record with an undergrad engineering degree from a college of national importance and 2 years of NGO activity.
Can elaborate these if I know I have a chance of getting in.

My target schools would be:
1)University of Notre Dame(Mendoza)
2)University of Wisconsin(Madison)
3)Rice University(Jones)
4)Indiana University(Kellys)
5)Ohio State(Fisher)
6)Technology and manangement MBA @ Univ of Washington(Foster)

Could you please tell me where I stand.And please let me know if I can try my luck in any other universities in US

Thank you

Legendary Member
Followed by:22 members

by throughmba » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:26 am
With the GMAT, GPA and EC your profile looks good for these colleges.

Your experience is on the lesser side. Schools vary widely in the quantity of experience they require or encourage. If the quality of your work experience is good, the quantity may not be as important. The duration of your experience becomes less important if, for example, you have reached a plateau because you lack an advanced degree but can demonstrate significant leadership skills.

While your work experience might be worked to look glamorous, it's up to you to show in your essays why your work experience translates well to your future goals and your reasons for seeking an MBA. Show your accomplishments, and make a compelling case that your career progression and goals make sense and fit together, and your industry and title become less relevant.

You will certainly make it to these colleges. Try thinking about Smith , johnson, krannert ,owen as well.

You can send us a mail for complete evaluation and profile building.
ThroughMBA Consulting
The No. 1 B-School Admission Consulting of U.K. is now the most Affordable.

https://throughmba.com
email : [email protected]

Alex Wilkins
Senior Admission Consultant, ThroughMBA.com
Panelist | MBA Admissions Achievers Meet
Interviewer | MIT Sloan | Former
Management Consultant | McKinsey & Company | Former

"Regardless of who you are or what you have been, You can make what you want to be."

Legendary Member
Followed by:85 members

by essaysnark » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:26 am
Hi win123--

Your profile actually could be just fine for the schools that you've listed. It always helps to have a higher GMAT score (especially because you're coming from an oversubscribed class of Asian tech candidates), however a 620 is within range for accepted students at the schools on your list.

It will be important for you to express to the schools why you need an MBA - the career goals are critical, and you haven't mentioned anything about that. You can use your career goals to help select a school, by matching your interests and professional development needs with what the school specializes in. The schools also evaluate your application in large part based on the goals, to make sure that you are clear on what you want to do with the education, so they can see whether or not they can help you get there.

So, it looks like you have a realistic list! That is an appropriate level of program to be targeting, given the profile that you've described.

Good luck with your research and your applications!
EssaySnark
EssaySnark has MBA application guides for HBS, Stanford, Booth, Wharton, NYU and pretty much any other school you can name - including a fully revised and expanded 2015 Columbia essay guide!
https://essaysnark.com/bookstore/
The Indians' Guide to Getting In maps out everything you need to evaluate your own profile and select your schools. https://essaysnark.com/ssguide/quicksnar ... ans-guide/
MILITARY CANDIDATES! We've got some pro bono offers just for you: https://essaysnark.com/military-mba/
Follow EssaySnark on Twitter!