Profile Evaluation Help Needed!!

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation Help Needed!!

by maverick_me » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 am
Hi,

I have provided relevant information on my profile. Request you to evaluate my profile and my chances of getting into a B-school

GMAT: 760
Demographic Info: Indian Male - Single - 25 years
GPA: I do not know how to calculate this since I studied in India, but here are the details
10th : 89.6%/100
12th : 78.8%/100
Undergrad: Bachelor of Technology in Telecommunications Engineering with CGPA 7.27/10

Work Experience: 38 MONTHS as of October 2011.
- Started my career with Tata Consultancy Services, Indias top Software company as a Systems Engineer
- Got the highest rating during my stint of two years with TCS; Also won internal awards like Gems
- Received 1 promotion in one year
- Took a career shift into Business development/Sales and marketing after 24 months.
- Started as a consultant(trainee) running cold calls, generating leads, prospecting different segments of the market
- within 14 months lead a team of 4 people under me targeting a revenue of 1 million Rs (20,000$) in revenue for the next quarter
- Changed track into Business Development/ Sales and marketing- have got my company 2 corporate clients and 4 retails clients during the past quarter; in my previous company generated 6 clients during a single marketing campaign

Recommendations: - Will get good recommendations from my manager (Director (Operations)) and CEO(Previous Company)

Leadership Experience: 4 months
- Lead team of 4 people
- In my current role, I lead a team of 4 people working on generating business as per the target set for the quarter.

Extracurricular activities:
- Represented Graduation University in Cricket
- One of the college quiz team to qualify for the finals of the inter-college quiz competition
- Editor of the TCS-ING newsletter(client vendor communication medium) during my stint at TCS
- Member of Each One Teach One campaign under TCS-Maitree Initiative

Goal :I am interested in pursuing MBA in Marketing/Brand Management and Development in specific. I have learnt various concepts like Software Development Life Cycle and have achieved a stream shift but now want to do some academic coarsework in the field to add to my practical learnings.

Target Schools: Stanford/HBS/Kellogs/Duke/ Stern Business School/Texas McCombs/UCLA/USC
Europe: LBS,IESE,Insead, Rotterdam
Asia: ISB, Nanyang, NUS

Location: I am an international applicant currently working out of Bengaluru region of India

Need help on:
1. Is my profile good for Top 10 B-schools or am I expecting too much? Please evaluate.
2. Am i under-aiming by also applying at programs ranked below 10-15

Appreciate your response.

Regards,
Pradyut Vatsa[/i]

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:730

by mbaMissionBrianE » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:13 pm
Hello maverick_me, thanks for your question.

For your GPA: I don't know of a definitive conversion methodology, but you may try links such as:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 552AAK6XPR

I think your quants (assuming your GPA is solid) would open the door at most programs in the US, but it is your essays that will get you admitted. Your competitiveness will come down to the quality of your leadership experience in and out of the office. Can you draw upon "moments" when you truly led: influenced individuals and organizations, drove results, took initiative? If so, you can be competitive.

Finally, in terms of your post-MBA goals, paint a picture that cohesively ties together your past, present, and future. Demonstrate to the admissions committees that your desired career path necessitates an MBA. Identify the specific gaps that stand between you and our short- and long-term goals (knowledge, skills, experiences, network, etc.) and show how business school would directly address those gaps.

Best of luck!
Brian
Brian Eng
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php