Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:750

Please evaluate my profile

by myst_ari » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:47 pm
-Interested only in Haas EWMBA and Anderson FEMBA
-GMAT 620
-Senior Software Engineer with 16 years of experience (Indian male IT bay area profile)
-B.E. Computer Science (about 67% aggregate from an Indian University, 2nd tier)
-Extra curricular: Toastmasters for about 2 years- Been Secretary and VP Education,
conducted speech contests and organized a lot of meetings.
-Been helping a friend in his potential start-up in terms of software development/ideas during spare time.
-Lots of start-up experience (7 years) starting from the ground up but as an engineer.
-Lot of leadership (Project leadership experience), mentoring experience but position was still a Senior Engineer's not a Lead's/Manager's role.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:730

by mbaMissionBrianE » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:02 pm
Hello myst_ari, thanks for your question.

Your GMAT is on the low side, generally, but executive programs typically care less about the score and more about the experience you bring to bear.

You are probably aware that you come from an overrepresented demographic. I would proactively call out aspects of your background that differentiate you, such as your Toastmasters participation and entrepreneurial work.

Moreover, make a specific connection between your career ambition and how exactly these programs can help get you there.

Best of luck,
Brian
Brian Eng
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php