Got Offer for MBA need advice to choose

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Got Offer for MBA need advice to choose

by rajiv » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:41 am
Hi,
I have just received admission offer from Durham MBA and Hult, strathclyde, Carey, UCSD-Rady, Macquarie-MGSM (Australia). Durham & Hult feature very closely in FT ranking 55 & 61. I am a PhD in Biochemistry and have about 8 + year work exp from academic and industry research as a group leader. I am planing to enter into life sciences consulting after MBA. can you please help me in deciding which MBA should I choose Durham or hult? Would it be easier to make this change?
-If i have to compare Durham with others, which one will be the best? I am tilted towards Durham as US seems to be going through big bad batch?
-Do you think UK will be better option than US?

Thanks,
Rajiv

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:730

by mbaMissionBrianE » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 pm
Hello Rajiv, thanks for your question.

I will not pretend to be an expert on those schools! That said, I think you can determine the better choice for you by carefully considering in detail why you need an MBA to pursue life sciences consulting. The question is: which program better fulfills those needs from a technical standpoint.

And then, which program seems to be a better fit personally/culturally?

You are in an enviable position to have a choice! I cannot tell you which program would be better for you, but I think taking the time to look into the nuts and bolts of each option - and not just factors like rankings - will yield more insight for you.

Best of luck!
Brian
Brian Eng
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php