alltimeacheiver wrote:Is x% of x% of y equal to x% less than y ?
(1) x(x + 100) = 10,000
(2) y(y + 1) = 1
Plug in y=100.
Rephrase the question:
Is x% of x% of 100 equal to 100 decreased by x% of 100?
Translate into math:
x/100 * x/100 * 100 = 100 - (x/100)*100
x²/100 = 100 - x
x² = 10,000 - 100x
x² + 100x = 10,000.
Question rephrased:
Does x² + 100x = 10,000?
Statement 1: x(x + 100) = 10,000
x² + 100x = 10,000.
Sufficient.
Statement 2: y(y + 1) = 1.
No information about x.
Insufficient.
The correct answer is
A.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.
As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.
For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at
[email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3