Question - Need Advice

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Question - Need Advice

by samsun0001 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 pm
I took the GMAT this morning and received a score of 590.

While I am not necessarily thrilled with my grade, Im not disappointed either.

I finished in the 89th % in Verbal and 28th% in Quantitative

Ive always considered myself a numbers guy, but I guess not.

I've received %tiles as high as 92nd in verbal on my practices GMATs

After telling my roommate about my scores he told me I should take the LSAT. I shrugged it off at first, but now Im thinking about it. Law school my be in my future (atleast 5 years from now).

Do you guys think that my score on the verbal section of the gmat and my apparent aptitude for the english language will translate to the LSAT?

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by smar83 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 pm
I have not taken the LSAT, so I might not be the best person to advise you on it, but just my 2 cents:

I have studied the CR and RC from the LSAT books and the GMAT RC's are no match to the LSAT RC's....

The CR's, I would say are relatively closer to the GMAT, but you would see tough parallel analogy and reasoning CR's on the LSAT...

There is an additional section ( I forgot the name)..but it's like solving quick puzzles... But the biggest challenge is the time factor...I guess you need to solve 26 questions in 35 minutes � 75 minutes on the GMAT might seem like a liberty �

But then scoring in the 89th% on GMAT Verbal is not easy either...so I would say give it a shot by taking a mock test under timed and another under un-timed condition..and go from there! Good Luck!