Grockit vs. OG12 - 6 days to GMAT

Ask your questions about Grockit products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Grockit vs. OG12 - 6 days to GMAT

by hja379 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 am
Hi,

I six days to the exam. I have completed OG12 and have practiced extensively on Grockit. Now for the next few days, should I go back to OG12 or do remaining Qs on Grockit? Are the Qs on Grockit representative of those I would see in the exam?

Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Legendary Member
Followed by:15 members

by AIM GMAT » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 am
I m not an expert but i will tell you my observation . Grockit questions are on the track of OG , while practicing you get a feel that you have done similar question i.e similar line of reasoning question in OG . I feel they are representative of GMAT questions , its not waste practicing them. U can observe that similar feel in quant , CR , SC . RC is very much like OG more than 4 questions per passage :) . Repeating OG is no harm as well .

Best luck for the DAY .
Thanks & Regards,
AIM GMAT

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by hja379 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 am
AIM GMAT wrote:I m not an expert but i will tell you my observation . Grockit questions are on the track of OG , while practicing you get a feel that you have done similar question i.e similar line of reasoning question in OG . I feel they are representative of GMAT questions , its not waste practicing them. U can observe that similar feel in quant , CR , SC . RC is very much like OG more than 4 questions per passage :) . Repeating OG is no harm as well .

Best luck for the DAY .
I felt exactly the same way. There were times, I just knew the answer for some CR and Quant Q's. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't on the wrong track here.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:53 pm
Hey Raj,

Yeah, I think going back over the OG and Grockit is the way to go. You should also make sure you are 100% clear on the PowerPrep explanations. Read the reviews on Grockit, and check out your statistics. They should tell you where your weak spots are. Maybe consider making an Error Log for the tough ones, the ones you find yourself missing repeatedly?

This might help: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/11/ ... -error-log

Good luck!
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)