Profile Evaluation Please

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Please

by llindah » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:08 am
Hi Everyone,

I just finished my GMATs and wanted to get a jump start on Applications (still in the research phase) so excuse the lack of professionalism and silly hopes and dreams I may have. Could you help me evaluate my profile and see if my target schools are within target? I would also appreciate any advice you may have.

Profile:
Nationality: Asian American (US Citizen)
Education: BSE in Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan
GPA: 3.35 - I foolishly let my grades slip late junior and senior year
GMAT: 770, 6.0
Work experience at time of Entrance: 4 years Tech-Strategy Consultant for a well known firm, entered straight out of undergrad. I have a wide range of interesting experiences that should be good for crafting essays.
Age at time of Entrance: 26
Languages: English (fluent), Chinese - Mandarin (fluent), Spanish - Conversational/was semi-fluent but have forgotten much of it
Extra curricular: In undergrad I was VERY active in leadership and community service - it's probably what landed my job despite my slipping GPA. I lived/volunteered in Mexico for 2 months before starting work but post undergrad work has kept me so busy I haven't been active at all - should I pick something up?

Goal - I want to work in something challenging involving American businesses expanding into China (hence my California school selections) or settle for a cushy job in Southern California - marketing and the entertainment industry sounds interesting.

Hobbies - Snow and water sports, dance, drinking, etc :)

Target Program: FullTime MBA

Target Schools:
Harvard
Stanford
Northwestern
Berkley
UCLA - Mixed feelings, I want to go but the rankings seem to be slipping
Michigan - almost a safety school because of company connections and it was my undergrad
List is growing as I research..

Thanks