hi can you please help me with the following question. I have attached it.
- Attachments
-
- gmatquestion.doc
- (54 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course
RedeemTarget Test Prep · GMAT
Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer
Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

with Logan Thompson
Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.
Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.
Well, I think Anand meant . to be * [multiplication][email protected] wrote:selango thank you first of all for fast reply
but I don't understand it fully
from here I dont understand:
(1/5)^m.(1/4)^18=1/2^36.5^35
(1/5)^m.(1/4)^18=1/4^18.5^35
(1/5)^m.(1/4)^18=1/5^35 . 1/4^18
how do you get the 36.5
and the 18.5
and the last one fully dont understand.
sorry for inconvenience
Usmana..[email protected] wrote:Well, I think Anand meant . to be * [multiplication]
Let me rewrite those for you:
(1/5)^m * (1/4)^18=1/(2^36 * 5^35)
(1/5)^m * (1/4)^18=(1/4)^18 * (1/5)^35
(1/5)^m * (1/4)^18=(1/5)^35 * (1/4)^18
Hence m=35.
Does this help?
Usmana..[email protected] wrote:Well, I think Anand meant . to be * [multiplication]
Let me rewrite those for you:
(1/5)^m * (1/4)^18=1/(2^36 * 5^35)
(1/5)^m * (1/4)^18=(1/4)^18 * (1/5)^35
(1/5)^m * (1/4)^18=(1/5)^35 * (1/4)^18
Hence m=35.
Does this help?
New here Create free account