BTG Video - No points given

500 prizes worth $100,000!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

BTG Video - No points given

by nicandalf » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:25 am
Hi there, I submitted my video on Friday night and still have not received my points for the challenge. I understand that it was the weekend, but want to make sure that it got submitted correctly. Please advise.
~ Nikki ~

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by ashokkadam » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 am
@nicandalf, Don't worry, it will be approved soon. It takes some time to be approved.
by the way, from your profile pic i can say that you are very beautiful :)
nicandalf wrote:Hi there, I submitted my video on Friday night and still have not received my points for the challenge. I understand that it was the weekend, but want to make sure that it got submitted correctly. Please advise.
Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.

by nicandalf » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm
Could somebody please tell me when the rest of the videos that were submitted will be reviewed and points credited for the $100k challenge.

I submitted my video on Friday night.

Thanks!!
~ Nikki ~

by nicandalf » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:22 pm
nicandalf wrote:Could somebody please tell me when the rest of the videos that were submitted will be reviewed and points credited for the $100k challenge.

Thanks!!
I know you all are working hard, but I'm just concerned that my video was not received. If someone could just confirm that, it would ease my worries. =)
~ Nikki ~

Site Admin
Followed by:29 members

by DavidP » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 pm
@nicandalf,

Sorry but we never saw your video. Must be an issue with Videogenie - they're a pretty new service - because I've been reviewing all videos each day. Can you please re-submit? If you do that, we'll give you 50 points.

David
nicandalf wrote:
nicandalf wrote:Could somebody please tell me when the rest of the videos that were submitted will be reviewed and points credited for the $100k challenge.

Thanks!!
I know you all are working hard, but I'm just concerned that my video was not received. If someone could just confirm that, it would ease my worries. =)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by sorter » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:08 pm
I like how everyone just ignored ashok's comment - PC ftw!

Site Admin

by DavidP » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:43 pm
@nicandalf, i agree with ashok that you are beautiful! :D

more importantly, i spoke with videogenie's ceo about the dropped videos. videogenie is the company that serves the video testimonials. he and i have been working pretty closely over the last couple weeks to test their platform via our site.

videogenie's ceo confirmed that their servers dropped some videos. he said that his team is pushing out new code on thursday. so if you can re-submit your video by end of this week, then we will give you the 50 points.
sorter wrote:I like how everyone just ignored ashok's comment - PC ftw!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by sorter » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:04 am

by nicandalf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:12 am
DavidP wrote:@nicandalf, i agree with ashok that you are beautiful! :D

more importantly, i spoke with videogenie's ceo about the dropped videos. videogenie is the company that serves the video testimonials. he and i have been working pretty closely over the last couple weeks to test their platform via our site.

videogenie's ceo confirmed that their servers dropped some videos. he said that his team is pushing out new code on thursday. so if you can re-submit your video by end of this week, then we will give you the 50 points.
David, thank you so much for looking into this issue... I will submit a new video tonight when I get home.

And thanks to you all for the sweet comments... especially to ashok!! The comment definitely didn't go unnoticed, I just got a little embarrassed. :oops:
~ Nikki ~

by nicandalf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi David,

I just resubmitted my video, so hopefully you receive it this time. I think I should get extra points for having to submit it twice. :P
~ Nikki ~

Site Admin

by DavidP » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:08 pm
@nicandalf, thanks for submitting your video 3 times. i saw it and just approved it. also, i gave you 100 points since your original submission was on friday, which was before we had the fifty videos. thanks again!
nicandalf wrote:

Hi David,

I just resubmitted my video, so hopefully you receive it this time. I think I should get extra points for having to submit it twice. :P

by Akis » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:33 pm
David are you sure you gave her the 100 points for that or just because she is good looking? :P

Site Admin

by DavidP » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:46 pm
Thanks for asking, Akis. I don't discriminate based on looks. Besides, I have 3 beautiful girls of my own (wife + 2 daughters). :)
Akis wrote:David are you sure you gave her the 100 points for that or just because she is good looking? :P

by nicandalf » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 pm
David, you are the best!! Thank you so much for getting my video approved so quickly. I also appreciate you honoring the extra 50 points for being one of the 1st 50 people to post a video.

I see that my video has been posted on the site and that I'm the first video that is played. Hmmm, not sure if I like that or not... I am just a little shy. :oops:
DavidP wrote:@nicandalf, thanks for submitting your video 3 times. i saw it and just approved it. also, i gave you 100 points since your original submission was on friday, which was before we had the fifty videos. thanks again!
nicandalf wrote:

Hi David,

~ Nikki ~

Site Admin

by DavidP » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:47 pm
Thanks @nicandalf! FYI, the order of the videos is just reverse chronological based on the approval dates. Since your video was the last one that we approved, it's the first one up. Don't worry though. We'll be changing the order so that it's a bit more random starting next week. I hope you enjoy your 15 minutes of fame on our site. :D
nicandalf wrote:David, you are the best!! Thank you so much for getting my video approved so quickly. I also appreciate you honoring the extra 50 points for being one of the 1st 50 people to post a video.

I see that my video has been posted on the site and that I'm the first video that is played. Hmmm, not sure if I like that or not... I am just a little shy. :oops:
DavidP wrote:@nicandalf, thanks for submitting your video 3 times. i saw it and just approved it. also, i gave you 100 points since your original submission was on friday, which was before we had the fifty videos. thanks again!
nicandalf wrote:

Hi David,