No 100k sign post for Hitmis' poll

500 prizes worth $100,000!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

No 100k sign post for Hitmis' poll

by cherylPTN » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:03 pm
Hi David,

I have visited the forum post with Hitmis's recent poll several times but can't see the 100k sign post. I also clicked "like" but no point was added. Could you please look at it again? Thanks.

@others: Did you face the same problem?

Cheers,
Cheryl

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members
GMAT Score:760

by harsh.champ » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:24 pm
No cheryl,the $100K bonus sign was up there when I liked the post.

Are you sure you are looking at the right post?
It takes time and effort to explain, so if my comment helped you please press Thanks button :)

Just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't try,it means you should just try harder.

"Keep Walking" - Johnny Walker :P

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by lavinia » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:09 pm
harsh.champ wrote:No cheryl,the $100K bonus sign was up there when I liked the post.

Hello,

If it is about the "2010 - Best GMAT practice tests" post, I still can not see the $100kbonus.

Thanks!

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members
GMAT Score:760

by harsh.champ » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 pm
Hey lavinia,

The $100K sign was not present before.David looked into the matter and now the $100K sign has been put up...Make sure you go to the BTG page because on the "Practice Questions Page" the link is not available.

Guess this will help
It takes time and effort to explain, so if my comment helped you please press Thanks button :)

Just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't try,it means you should just try harder.

"Keep Walking" - Johnny Walker :P

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ugoyal » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:34 pm
lavinia wrote:
harsh.champ wrote:No cheryl,the $100K bonus sign was up there when I liked the post.

Hello,

If it is about the "2010 - Best GMAT practice tests" post, I still can not see the $100kbonus.

Thanks!
I am also looking at the same poll "2010 - Best GMAT practice tests", but could not find the $100k sign post...is the correct post that we need to find?

Site Admin
Followed by:29 members

by DavidP » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:52 pm
sorry all. there was an error in the game configuration. the likes/shares were supposed to only be active for 24 hours. but we incorrectly entered the treasure hunt info so that it showed up for several days. to fix this, i've extended the liking/sharing for another 24 hours so that people who found it can get points.

by lavinia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 pm
DavidP wrote:sorry all. there was an error in the game configuration. the likes/shares were supposed to only be active for 24 hours. but we incorrectly entered the treasure hunt info so that it showed up for several days. to fix this, i've extended the liking/sharing for another 24 hours so that people who found it can get points.
Thanks a lot David! Now it's working.

by lavinia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:53 pm
lavinia wrote:
DavidP wrote:sorry all. there was an error in the game configuration. the likes/shares were supposed to only be active for 24 hours. but we incorrectly entered the treasure hunt info so that it showed up for several days. to fix this, i've extended the liking/sharing for another 24 hours so that people who found it can get points.

One more thing. Yesterday, I checked the bonuses page and saw that the post "The secrets of writing a successful Harvard Business School Essay." was due to Oct 28, 2010. Because we have only a certain amount of "likes", I postponed it for today. It seems that it's not working because the link was already given, but the expiration date is still on Oct. 28. What should I do?

Have a great day!
Lavinia

Site Admin
Followed by:29 members

by DavidP » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:52 pm
Lavinia, thanks for the question. The game is working correctly regarding the HBS essay. 12:00AM PST on 10/28 means 00:00 PST on 10/28. So that particular bonus actually expired at the beginning of today (California time).
lavinia wrote:
lavinia wrote:

One more thing. Yesterday, I checked the bonuses page and saw that the post "The secrets of writing a successful Harvard Business School Essay." was due to Oct 28, 2010. Because we have only a certain amount of "likes", I postponed it for today. It seems that it's not working because the link was already given, but the expiration date is still on Oct. 28. What should I do?

Have a great day!
Lavinia

by lavinia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 pm
Thanks David for you answer!

I'm not sure if you got my message regarding the "Dartmouth Tuck Essays for 2010-2011 - Free Analysis" Quiz. Sometimes I have problems when I want to share the link on my FB and it gets stuck. I always refresh the page couple of times and at the end it works. Same thing happend with my correct answer that I've got to this quiz and wanted to share it on FB. I had to refresh the page in order to work. I lost the points and also I couldn't share it on FB.

I looking forward to your response.

Lavinia

DavidP wrote:Lavinia, thanks for the question. The game is working correctly regarding the HBS essay. 12:00AM PST on 10/28 means 00:00 PST on 10/28. So that particular bonus actually expired at the beginning of today (California time).
lavinia wrote:
lavinia wrote:

Have a great day!
Lavinia