CR bringing my score down!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

CR bringing my score down!

by rajeev4mba » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:07 am
My GMAT exam is scheduled on 27th July, i know its too late, but i need some help. Critical Reasoning is pulling my score down. Analysis of my practice tests reveals that i am able to answer only a mere 45% of the answers correctly.

Any last minute advice to help me?

Thanks.

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by adi_800 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:03 am
Hi Rajeev,

We are in d same boat...
I am facing difficulties too on CR side... Experts please comment.

I am planning to solve 40 CRs a day...
Anyways...I would say.. stick to d strategy of ur own..
Do not learn anything new in d last few days...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by gmatrix » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:12 am
hi...........there.... these are two of the best summaries of powerscore bible .....hope they are of help
Attachments
Critical Reasoning.doc
(123.5 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
CR_Notes.doc
(177 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by hero » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:20 am
gmatrix wrote:hi...........there.... these are two of the best summaries of powerscore bible .....hope they are of help
if you've only got a week left...there's your best bet right there!

my opinion though would be to take these notes, and write them out, each page, word for word, by hand. try to really understand each point as you do. this will help greatly with retention.

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:570

by reply2spg » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:29 am
Along with that, just make sure to stay calm and give your best shot. Do not get frustrated or angry. This is all experience talks my friend.

So be cool and calm. Focus more and more on conclusion. Understand the question. Understand each and every answer option. GMAT uses bit tough language for the correct option, so simplify that option.

One more thing take a pause of 1-2 seconds after you read passage and question.
hero wrote:
gmatrix wrote:hi...........there.... these are two of the best summaries of powerscore bible .....hope they are of help
if you've only got a week left...there's your best bet right there!

my opinion though would be to take these notes, and write them out, each page, word for word, by hand. try to really understand each point as you do. this will help greatly with retention.
Sudhanshu
(have lot of things to learn from all of you)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by bendaniel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 am
Dear all,
I thank the person for the attachments provided .... but, isn't this specific to LSAT rather than GMAT??... Could U just confirm whether the materials provided are relevant to GMAT?.... THANK U in advance...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by gmatrix » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:03 am
bendaniel wrote:Dear all,
I thank the person for the attachments provided .... but, isn't this specific to LSAT rather than GMAT??... Could U just confirm whether the materials provided are relevant to GMAT?.... THANK U in advance...
Hi Ben...logical reasoning of LSAT and critical reasoning of GMAT are very much same with the difference being
a)gmat has boldface queston types lsat does not.
b)lsat has logic games... gmat does not have them.
LSAT questions are tougher thus it is thought that they provide better preparation for gmat cr.If you would look at the two powerscore bibles namely LSAT LR and GMAT CR you would find that the strategy is almost the same hence you would find LSAT LR/RC guides/questions frequently recommended for GMAT.Hope the explaination helps.
Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by bendaniel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:48 pm
yes it does a lot.. thanq matrix....