mid -80% VS MEDIAN??

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

mid -80% VS MEDIAN??

by eric68508 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:18 pm
I found that there are mid 80% information from the web of kaplan, it seem that lots of less known programs admit students with at least 3-4 years working experience. However, the mid -80 % work experience of MIT, Stanford and UCLA starting from 24,23,25 months.

So, can I say that:
whether the MBA program accept students with just 2 year work experience is depend on the perfernce of the university instead of their ranking. And those who have less experiece should choose a school that willing to accept students with less work experience instead of applying weaker universities.

I think what I said above should be wrong, but I really have no idea to explain the statistics of mid -80 % work experience. So, can you give me some idea about the figure?

Thank you very much

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:20 am
Hi and thanks for your question.

In terms of
So, can I say that: whether the MBA program accept students with just 2 year work experience is depend on the perfernce of the university instead of their ranking.
I don't really know what to say. I don't think that there is enough data to say one way or another. Harvard accepts people with two years in some instances and I'm sure others do, too. It just depends.

To answer your question about the low end of 80%, that's kind of Statistics 101. I can't tell you exactly what the average is without knowing the standard deviation but it seems reasonable to say that the average is probably around 48 months. Look up a normal curve on google and play with some z-score values --I think it will become clear quickly.
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html