Female vs. Male Applicants

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Female vs. Male Applicants

by 11MBA » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:42 am
This has probably been posted before but I can't find it on the forum. I want to know how much bschool favor female applicants over male applicants? Looking at examples of friends who applied in the past year it seems like most qualified female applicants get into their school of choice however, it's more of a crapshoot for guys. Is this usually the case?

Also, is it helpful for potential female applicants to get involved in female MBA networking groups such as Forte?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

Re: Female vs. Male Applicants

by Linda Abraham » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:15 pm
11MBA wrote:This has probably been posted before but I can't find it on the forum. I want to know how much bschool favor female applicants over male applicants? Looking at examples of friends who applied in the past year it seems like most qualified female applicants get into their school of choice however, it's more of a crapshoot for guys. Is this usually the case?

Also, is it helpful for potential female applicants to get involved in female MBA networking groups such as Forte?
I can't quantify for you any gender advantage and know of no acceptance rate data broken down by gender. Schools value diversity and women are underrepresented in the business school classroom so I agree that qualified women are accepted at higher rates than men, but that's based on experience not data.

I recommend Forte highly, but don't just join it to join it. Join it because you enjoy it and feel it will help you and you can help it.

Best,
Linda
Linda Abraham
Accepted.com -- Helping You Write Your Best!
Accepted Blog
Accepted on Twitter
Accepted on Facebook