Need evaluation of profile - please

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need evaluation of profile - please

by Skunnery » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:17 pm
I gave my GMAT today and I'm lukewarm about my score. I scored a meager 680 (Quant 40 - 59%, Verbal 42 - 95%) and now I'm considering my options.

My target schools before the GMAT were Insead, CEIBS (Shanghai), Nanyang (Singapore) and HKUST (Hongkong).

My profile would be:
Nationality: German
Work Experience: Several years in an industrial environment. Currently I'm working as product manager for a machinery company
University: I have a decent GPA from a german university
International Experience: During my university time I had the posibility to work for 7 months in China and the USA. Currently I'm working in Germany.
As I'm not in such a competitive pool like some of the other folks out there I don't know whether I should retake the GMAT or not. (This was my second try.. I scored Quant 42, Verbal 30, Overall 590 the first time).
Anyway I think it is not necessary to apply at my no. 1 school - Insead with this kind of score - I guess they need at least 70% in verbal.
What do you guys think? How you think my chances are at CEIBS, which is my backup plan?

Thank you!!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members
Skunnery wrote:I gave my GMAT today and I'm lukewarm about my score. I scored a meager 680 (Quant 40 - 59%, Verbal 42 - 95%) and now I'm considering my options.

My target schools before the GMAT were Insead, CEIBS (Shanghai), Nanyang (Singapore) and HKUST (Hongkong).

My profile would be:
Nationality: German
Work Experience: Several years in an industrial environment. Currently I'm working as product manager for a machinery company
University: I have a decent GPA from a german university
International Experience: During my university time I had the posibility to work for 7 months in China and the USA. Currently I'm working in Germany.
As I'm not in such a competitive pool like some of the other folks out there I don't know whether I should retake the GMAT or not. (This was my second try.. I scored Quant 42, Verbal 30, Overall 590 the first time).
Anyway I think it is not necessary to apply at my no. 1 school - Insead with this kind of score - I guess they need at least 70% in verbal.
What do you guys think? How you think my chances are at CEIBS, which is my backup plan?

Thank you!!!
Sorry. I don't know enough about these programs to comment.

Linda
Linda Abraham
Accepted.com -- Helping You Write Your Best!
Accepted Blog
Accepted on Twitter
Accepted on Facebook