Best Quant overview??

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Best Quant overview??

by Abby » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:45 pm
This is an old problem wrapped up in a new post, but I could not find a comprehensive answer to my question on the forum:

I just took the GMAT and did very poorly on the Quant, but nailed the Verb. section. Really, I only need to score around 650.

I have 1 month to study Quant before I retake the exam. I've been using the PowerPrep software and the Princeton Review Book. However, I found the quant questions on the actual test to be significantly tougher than the practice tests.

Looking through the forum, I've found some Quant study options:

* GMAT Hacks Book
* Manhattan Review TurboCharge (a lot of people thought this book was great, but many were turned off by errors in the book???)
* The Quant focus tests from mba.com

What do you all think of the 3 above? Are any worth the $? I learn best with a variety of tough questions and thorough explanations.

Thanks!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gabriel16 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:53 am
I am currently using the Manhattan GMAT books and have been very impressed with them thus far. I would highly recommend these books for people who are looking to improve their quantitative scores.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by gaggleofgirls » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:20 pm
I have the GMAT Hacks book. It has been 22 years since I got my BA and pretty much that long since I have done this type of math. I really l9ike the complete explanations of the topics in the GMAT hacks book (I have completed it all). I have not yet taken the GMAT so I don't have a before and after comparison for you, but if you want to learn/re-learn the math, I really like th way the GMAT hacks book provide lessons on the topics, then drills and practice ?s that have really good explanations.

I have not looked at the Manhattan ones, so I can't compare.

-Carrie