Difference between Manhattan Review Turbo charge n Manhatt..

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I would like to know the difference between Manhattan Review Turbo charge n Manhattan individual books like Reading Comprehension GMAT Preparation Guide (Manhattan GMAT Preparation Guides), Sentence correction etc...?

Which set of books are better the Turbo charge set or Individually sold set?
I am confused please let me know. :shock:
-S

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:22 am
Hi msab,

The Turbocharge Prep Guides are not published by Manhattan GMAT, but rather by a company called Manhattan Review. Yes, the names are certainly confusing, but unfortunately the content contained in the separate sets of books offered by each company is quite different.

I cannot vouch for the specific information provided in Manhattan Review's books, but I do know they only offer two books: a math guide and a verbal guide. Additionally, the solutions to each book are in a completely separate guide, so you are essentially paying twice for the same material.

The Manhattan GMAT guides will provide you with a comprehensive review of 8 separate subjects covered in the GMAT. We break down the verbal section into separate Sentence Correction, Reading Comprehension, and Critical Reasoning books and also offer Number Properties, Equations, Geometry, Word Translations, and Fractions books for the quant portion of the test.

These guides read more like textbooks and less like review guides because they will actually teach you the content found in the exam. Each guide also contains multiple problem sets for practice in the Official Guides, the only reliable source for good GMAT practice questions. Oftentimes, practice questions devised by test prep companies can come up short of the real thing, which is why we use the Official Guides - they come from GMAC, the creators of the GMAT, so the questions are quite accurate.

Feel free to check out our guides in our GMAT Store. We offer sample chapters from each book if you click to view item details.

Hope this helps!
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628

by operaz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:17 am
michael.dinerstein wrote:Hi msab,

The Turbocharge Prep Guides are not published by Manhattan GMAT, but rather by a company called Manhattan Review. Yes, the names are certainly confusing, but unfortunately the content contained in the separate sets of books offered by each company is quite different.

I cannot vouch for the specific information provided in Manhattan Review's books, but I do know they only offer two books: a math guide and a verbal guide. Additionally, the solutions to each book are in a completely separate guide, so you are essentially paying twice for the same material.

The Manhattan GMAT guides will provide you with a comprehensive review of 8 separate subjects covered in the GMAT. We break down the verbal section into separate Sentence Correction, Reading Comprehension, and Critical Reasoning books and also offer Number Properties, Equations, Geometry, Word Translations, and Fractions books for the quant portion of the test.

These guides read more like textbooks and less like review guides because they will actually teach you the content found in the exam. Each guide also contains multiple problem sets for practice in the Official Guides, the only reliable source for good GMAT practice questions. Oftentimes, practice questions devised by test prep companies can come up short of the real thing, which is why we use the Official Guides - they come from GMAC, the creators of the GMAT, so the questions are quite accurate.

Feel free to check out our guides in our GMAT Store. We offer sample chapters from each book if you click to view item details.

Hope this helps!
I wasted a week solving that book. I wish I knew this before. I feeling stupid! :(

-

by Stevenfeeds » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:26 pm
I heard that the skill cap has been increased to 500 so books are okay to be read early now. Is that for the HD version only or also the classic version? Also, could you let me know other differences?