- Modifiers - Part I: Learn all about noun modifiers and verb modifiers.
- Modifiers - Part II: Learn a variety of rules related to relative clauses.
- Modifiers - Part III - "that" vs. "which": Learn when to use clauses beginning with "that" and when to use clauses beginning with "which."
- Modifiers - Part IV: Learn how to punctuate modifiers, and learn how word order can affect the meaning of a sentence.
- Omitting "that" from a sentence: Learn when it's okay to omit "that" from a sentence
- Exceptions to the Touch Rule: Learn two situations in which a noun modifier can be placed away from the noun it modifies.
- Idioms: Learn how idioms work and how to prepare for them.
- Word Choice - "lay" vs. "lie" and more: Learn the rules for "lay" vs. "lie," "between" vs. "among" and comparatives vs. superlatives.
- Word Choice - "if" vs. "whether": Learn the rule for "if" vs. "whether."
- Word Choice - "less" vs. "fewer" and more: Learn the rules for "less" vs. "fewer," "much" vs. "many" and "rather than" vs. "instead of."
Sentence Correction (SC) - Idioms, Meaning, Modifiers
We invite all community contributors to share resources that are deemed to help students beat the GMAT. We've created individual threads to match the main topics, so please select the best fit for your content carefully.
This topic has expert replies
- [email protected]
- GMAT Instructor
- Posts: 15793
- Joined: 08 Dec 2008
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Thanked: 5254 times
- Followed by:1267 members
- GMAT Score:770
- Every Sentence Correction Concept in 1 slideshow.pdf
- (3.13 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
- Interactive Sentence Correction Flashcards.pdf
- (633.52 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
- GMAT Idiom List.pdf
- (30.28 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com