Sentence Correction-quiz-3

This topic has expert replies
MBA Student
Followed by:22 members

by fibbonnaci » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:11 pm
bpgen, its inspiring to see you create 'Gmat like' questions but i would reinforce that creating GMAT like questions, ones without any flaw, requires tremendous grammar knowledge and intensive research. That is one of the reasons we rely on valid sources coz their questions are well researched and flawless.
coming to your question, i can say the question is ill constructed with grammar not in its place. Also the answer you give is not the official answer. The answer seems correct to you

We at BTG encourage quality discussions. We dont want our users to get fatigued answering the wrong questions and assimilating wrong grammatical rules. We lay heavy emphasis on source of the question and do not encourage ill constructed questions.
It would do good to the community if you can refrain from posting self constructed 'Gmat Like' questions on this forum, nonetheless we encourage you to post quality questions from reputed sources.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by bpgen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:25 am
Many Thanks fibbonnaci!

I agree with your concerns but at the same time, I would also like people to debate on any excerpted topic for SC/CR/RC. Let them debate on any framed question/any concerns on verbals! Answer might not be immediately correct one, but, if they do not agree, we can always request 'EXPERTS' to intervene and who could able to put solid comments.This is the another way to increase confidence and expand one's skills by putting his/her valid thoughts even though there is no OA by GMAC. And even more, people could start asking any type of verbals questions/concerns they have!

I could foresee, in this process current BTG'tians will achieve tremendous Verbal skills by exchanging each other's thoughts in a nicely and +ve environment, not only on specific OG type question but any type of doubts,queries,questions!

Obviously this process will fail if people like bigmonkey31 comes up and starts discouraging other. But don't worry we could easily KICK them out from those discussions if we see they are just barking like a street dog without proving any +ve thoughts!

I know it would not be immediately helpful to those just preparing with OG questions and but would be helpful to those, who believes in group discussion/study and really wants to enhance knowledge by exchanging thoughts and with bit extra time. Agreed, it might not be applicable to all!

I don't want to expand my thoughts page by page, just concluding, this could be effective and if needed we could put 'specific' subject line to alert readers that they are entering some different discussion or if needed we could create separate forum thread.

What do you say?
"Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in."

MBA Student
Followed by:22 members

by fibbonnaci » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:18 am
yes you could start a new thread and title it- self constructed questions.
People will be aware properly. Any one feels the same as you can come and participate in the discussion.
fyi, Experts will not answer any question without source.
Our experts will not answer self constructed questions!!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:730

by bigmonkey31 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:28 pm
I am not discouraging discussion. And I am sorry if I come off a bit rash. I normally don't, but in this situation, it seems as if I achieved my goal.

You posted a Q and modeled it so that it had an official answer (aka YOUR answer/opinion). When others (including myself) chimed in on what we thought, you said 'nice try' as if this were an official question with an official answer and official explanation. You greatly misled us with this posting. From the start, YOU were not open to discuss. You had a predetermined mindset to stump others so that you can boost your ego on how well you can create a GMAT-like Q.

However, EPIC FAIL.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by bpgen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:32 pm
bigmonkey31, Yes, as I told earlier, it could have been better if I could put subject headline bit specifically.

But you should realize one thing in such public forum is that you shouldn't underestimate others or show your profoundness idiotically. There are lots of nice ways you can try to convince others but not in a tasteless way by irritating and making other's temper up!!! Are you getting me, right?
"Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in."