When to give GMAT ?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

When to give GMAT ?

by ankitrastogi82 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:50 am
Hi,

I am planning to give GMAT exam in 1st week of september '07. I also need financial aid or scholarships in the university. As there are three cycles in university for applications, I came to know that the first cycle is best for the international students like us to get some financial aid. I have following doubts based on this:

- Is it true/right ?
- If yes,what is the time period of sending the application in the first cycle?
- If I target to apply in the first cycle, is the 1st week of september is right time to give the exam. I mean won't be late for applying ?

Please guide me with your valuable suggestions.
-
Thanks
Ankit Rastogi

by ankitrastogi82 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:14 am
34 views no replies yet.. Someone plz guide me
-
Thanks
Ankit Rastogi

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: When to give GMAT ?

by beatthegmat » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 pm
ankitrastogi82 wrote:Hi,

I am planning to give GMAT exam in 1st week of september '07. I also need financial aid or scholarships in the university. As there are three cycles in university for applications, I came to know that the first cycle is best for the international students like us to get some financial aid. I have following doubts based on this:

- Is it true/right ?
- If yes,what is the time period of sending the application in the first cycle?
- If I target to apply in the first cycle, is the 1st week of september is right time to give the exam. I mean won't be late for applying ?

Please guide me with your valuable suggestions.
I can't confirm this with authority, but anecdotally I've heard that it's best to apply earlier than later, expecially if you are looking for financial aid. I think most schools have a first round deadline between mid-Oct and early November.

When scheduling your GMAT, it's best to schedule with enough time to take the test two times (if necessary) prior to your targeted submission date. If you are going for a first-round application, I think that scheduling your test a little earlier would be better, like mid-August. Then you could re-take in mid-September if needed.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by ankitrastogi82 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:04 pm
Thanks a lot buddy.
-
Thanks
Ankit Rastogi

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:43 pm
Agree with Eric's post. Part of the reason you might not have gotten a lot of response here is that this thread is specifically about the GMAT, not admissions. You may also want to post your question in the admissions thread to get more responses.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me