Help required

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Help required

by slash » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:18 am
I'm just a new bee around here who planned to give GMAT.

Since Im weak in verbal, I started off with verbal - CR.

On referring many of ur post found that GMAT CR bible is the best one to use for CR.

I read almost the full book, but still I face some problems on identifying the right answer. Mostly Im selecting the second best answer and only at times the right one.

Any help on this

Legendary Member
Followed by:25 members
GMAT Score:730

Re: Help required

by logitech » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:29 am
slash wrote:I'm just a new bee around here who planned to give GMAT.

On referring many of ur post found that GMAT CR bible is the best one to use for CR.

I read almost the full book, but still I face some problems on identifying the right answer. Mostly Im selecting the second best answer and only at times the right one.

Any help on this
Just choose the other option :)

But seriously, most of the time you will find yourself narrowing the options down to two...and remember, one of the answer will always have a flaw in it, or the option will be better than the other.

POWER SCORE CR BIBLE should give you all the information you need. And also follow the forum and exchange ideas and methods with people here, you will be fine!

Good luck my friend!
LGTCH
---------------------
"DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR DREAM!"

Legendary Member

by stop@800 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:35 am
logitech wrote:

Any help on this
Just choose the other option :)
Good Suggestion. :)

slash, after doing few problems you will automatically understand the difference.

Do OG problems first, they are comparatively easy.
But seriously, most of the time you will find yourself narrowing the options down to two...and remember, one of the answer will always have a flaw in it, or the option will be better than the other.

POWER SCORE CR BIBLE should give you all the information you need. And also follow the forum and exchange ideas and methods with people here, you will be fine!

Good luck my friend!

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:580

by codesnooker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 am

Any help on this
Slash, I would suggest you to come often to the forums and try to reply some of the posts (with detailed explanation). The thing is some people learn more by explaining answers to others instead of just plain reading from the books (I am one of them :) ). So if you feel that you belong to the same pool, welcome and post the solution to others' posts.

Try to keep as much as details as you can provide in the answers. Even if you not sure about some concept then just marked is as UNSURE but do explain the concept. In case, if that would be wrong or right, somebody will definitely point out that and hope that doubt will be clear to you automatically.

Also, remember, to post that why each certain option is wrong. May be for this you need to extensive research on that topic and may be you can only answer 2-10 posts in day only, but hey! you are getting your concepts more clear and doing daily revisions. I guess, this is better than mocking the concepts from the book.

So its someway two way helpful. One, you are helping other by spreading the information that you have or that you searched, second, you are getting your doubts clear for free.

Try once and let us all know the results.
Happy posting....

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by slash » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:59 pm
Thanks a lot guys ... :)