pls advise on Gmat

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

pls advise on Gmat

by wongee » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:46 pm
Last year I was on this forum a lot!

I got interviews with three of the four that I applied to, and received offers too!! Clearly I was excited.

The irony however is that the school I really loved, I didnt get into.

Situation changed, I decided to defer my admission by a year for many personal reasons but I still feel like trying again.

In addition, I have a higher designation at work (promotion) and am also involved in some other activities. I state these as these will be my 'updates' since the last application.

So should I reapply?
- Any other thoughts, advice on the information shared above will be most appreciated.

Thank you.
Last edited by wongee on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:26 pm
Nice to see you back, wongee! :)

I think that your GMAT score is actually pretty good--my recommendation is to get advice from the admissions consultants in this community prior to engaging in new GMAT study. My hypothesis is that they are going to tell you that your GMAT scores are strong enough, that's my personal opinion anyway. Especially since you have some solid updates over the last year.

Good luck, please let us know what you decide!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Thanks

by wongee » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:56 pm
Thanks.

How do I get access to the admissions consultants? Do i just post the same entry within that section?

by sumidi » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:22 pm
Hey wongee,

I know this thread is from September but I am just reading this now and you just made my day(or night as it seems!). If you can get offered with a 650 at Oxford/cambridge/insead, I might be able to as well!

Those(along with LBS) were the schools I was planning on applying this year. I have been a nervous wreck but you have definitely calmed my nerves.

Only difference is that you have a confirmed seat with Cambridge whereas I don't! ;) I also know that this year is going to be highly competitive but I don't care.... I am smiling and thats all that matters...... :)

In regards to finding the admissions consultant page check this out.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba-a ... t-f40.html

In regards if you should re-do the GMAT, I respect Eric's opinion and I think you should consider the opinion of the admission staff.

All the best mate,

Sumi