English Student looking for Finance for American MBA

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I've been accepted to do a Professional MBA at the University of Memphis TN, however I am a UK resident and have just had the UK based company who were going to provide me with a loan for this course refuse any financial assistance. Obviously this is a bit of shock and do not know the best way forward from here to try and get funding for the course. What would you advise?

Ben Cornell
Ben Cornell

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:35 am
Dear Ben,

Most people secure loans to pay for business school. You would have the best chance for securing funds from a bank in the UK versus a bank in the US since you are not a US citizen. Has your company decided not fund your program because of the school? Or because it is a cost-cutting measure? If it is the latter, then the only thing you can do is either secure the funding on your own or ask to defer a year to have time to secure the funding. Please note: many schools will not defer students based on time to find money but your case might result in a different answer. You can also talk to the school about scholarship or loan opportunities as well.

I hope you are able to work it out. Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me