Pls help me with another question. I hardly believe D has an

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:1 members
Pls help me with another question. I hardly believe D has any connections with the argument? More precisely, I barely understand the argument in this question.

Hypnerotomachia Poliphili is a romance published in 1499 that, though the author was originally anonymous, has been attributed to Francesco Colonna. Some academics, however, doubt that Colonna is the author because, as a Dominican monk, he would not have the skill or experience to produce such a work. One academic has recently made the assertion that the attribution is correct, citing as evidence Colonna's proximity to the text's publisher, Aldus Manutius, and the wealth of other complex Renaissance works of literature confirmed to be written and compiled by talented members of the clergy. In light of this argument, it is clear that it is indeed possible that a member of a monastic order may have produced such a text.

Which of the following, if true, would most support the academic's recent hypothesis concerning the authorship of Hypnerotomachia Poliphili?

A. The only indication that Colonna had anything to do with Hypnerotomachia Poliphili is his proximity to its publisher.
B. Modern translators of the text have seen fit to attribute its composition to Colonna.
C. Much of the writing in Renaissance Europe was published anonymously.
D. An acrostic produced by reading the first letter of each chapter in Hypnerotomachia Poliphili forms Colonna's name.
E. Hypnerotomachia Poliphili contains few if any references to the monastic life that Colonna would have been familiar with.

What's the best approach to determine the answer? Can any experts help?